JOB TITLE: Ranch Manager
LOCATION: Fairfield, TX
SUPERVISES: Ranch Hands
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Looking for an experienced, hands-on Ranch Manager to manage approximately 7,000 acres in Fairfield, TX. Responsible for animals, pastures, landscape, residences and buildings, barn, roads, gates and fencing. Must be hospitable, trustworthy, have good communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently with little direction, able to make residential repairs as needed, operate, and maintain heavy equipment, work in severe weather conditions, and care for the property as their own.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS – Property and Equipment
- Maintain ranch infrastructures such as fences, ponds, roads, corals, water systems, housing, deer blinds, and buildings including construction, repair, and maintenance.
- Planning and overseeing ranch projects.
- Assisting with quotes and bids.
- Ranch beautification and projects including lawn mowing, weed eating, barn cleaning, vehicle cleaning.
- Maintenance and upkeep of ranch equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Heavy equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, skid steers, backhoe’s).
- Game management – manage feeders, stands, and improve forestry, natural areas and water projects.
- Overall general security of the ranch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS – Animals
- Ensure protection of animals in extreme weather conditions.
- Monitor cattle herd by performing visual inspections of the cattle, food, and water sources.
- Feed, tag animals per schedules.
- Rotate pastures and ranging process.
- Raising and birthing of livestock.
- Support cattle and hay operations per leases requirements.
- Verify and ensure all feeders are properly filled and maintained
- Monitor health of animals, address issues, and contact vet as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Ranch Hands (3)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 4-year college degree in Agricultural studies or related field; Or equivalent farming experience with at least two (2) years in a Supervisory role.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing, the ability to be an approved driver for the company and to safely operate vehicles
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- Must be in good physical condition and have sufficient experience, as we expect most of the work to be done by the Ranch Manager himself or with the help of Ranch Hands.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, and ownership.
- Opportunity also open to couples.
- Ability to consider safety in all decisions
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities
- Ability to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding hunting
- Must be a team player and possess excellent communication skills
- Outdoor survival and first aid skills
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull and operate hand tools (may include operating heavy machinery), office machinery and motor vehicles. The employee must be able to lift up to (50) pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The majority of work will be performed in a non-climate-controlled environment. The employee will be exposed to severe, inclement weather and varying degrees of extreme temperature. The employee may be exposed to various industrial chemicals and cleaning agents, as well as strong odors and loud noises.
- Schedules will entail working nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of normal operating hours.
- Competitive compensation -Depending on experience.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- 401(k) match
TO APPLY: Forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Ranch Foreman Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs, Ranch Technician Jobs