General Manager – Texas Hunting Resort
The General Manager’s role is to manage all aspects of the property – hospitality services, upland bird and deer hunting, shooting sports, land management and property maintenance. This position manages a staff of around 15 on roughly 2000 acres with multiple lodges, dog kennel and hunting fields (no cattle or horses).
Must be able to develop and maintain high quality relationships with our guests and employees. You will be expected to lead the staff in their guest services and property management/maintenance duties. You will be expected to guide/lead shooting sports activities with guests when necessary. The job will include working weekends and evenings, especially during the hunting season. Because we are in the hospitality business, you must be friendly, professional and knowledgeable, with a positive and helpful attitude. The resort is located in an rural county so you must be willing to work and live in a small community.
- Hiring and training employees in their duties
- Managing employee schedules and monitoring work progress
- Overseeing dog training
- Interacting with guests, addressing any and all dissatisfactions or needs
- Monitoring financial results, implementing cost savings and revenue generation strategies
- Developing and managing vendor relationships
- Guiding hunts or shooting activities as needed
- Managing inventories
- Consulting with owners on projects such as land management, construction of new guest activities and marketing efforts
- Strong leadership and management skills, ability to motivate staff and establish work standards and expectations
- Possess high level of integrity and responsibility
- Flexible and adaptable
- Works well under pressure
- Must possess a passion for providing exceptional customer service to guests
- Friendly, welcoming and professional appearance and demeanor
- A fast learner and a desire to become an expert in all areas of operation
- A desire and ability to spend a significant time outdoors
- A passion for the outdoors – hunting, shooting, fishing
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Highly motivated service-oriented self-starter
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail a must
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for an extended period of time
- Must be able to move around the property which includes fields, forest, and water.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 80lbs
- Ability to operate equipment – tractors, bulldozers, etc.
- Reside full-time on the property and respond promptly to guest needs
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Wildlife or Business (Preferred)
- Experience in a supervisory/management role (5-10 year minimum)
- Demonstrated experience with firearm handling and safety (Required)
- Experience in upland bird guiding (Strongly Preferred)
- Experience in the hospitality business (Preferred)
On property home
- English (Required)
- Spanish (helpful but not required)
United States (Required)
For consideration, please forward bio & resume to our email.
Email Address Hidden