Under general supervision this employee will perform a variety of duties including placement and minor maintenance of K-line Pod Irrigation systems on ranch; assuring grass/alfalfa fields thrive under irrigator’s care. (60% of job). Keep wheeled equipment used on ranch clean and debris-free. (15% of job) Oversight and organization of machine shop area (10% of job). Fence repair and maintenance (5% of job).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a variety of vehicles, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of irrigation systems in a safe, respectful and effective manner with minimal supervision
- Ensure all fields requiring irrigation are properly watered in a timely manner.
- Pressure wash and keep all equipment and vehicles used on ranch clean of dirt, and debris.
- Daily clean up of shop area and assist to organize and clean tools as needed.
- Perform fence upkeep.
- Follow directions. Work hard. Show up on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest and passion to produce great forage using pod irrigation.
- Ability to use a screwdriver, a wrench, hammer, and other hand tools for maintenance of K-line.
- Able to detect and immediately report non-functioning irrigation system components.
- Some ATV experience preferred.
- Experience with use of pressure washer and air hose a plus.
- Desire to keep things clean and organized.
- Respect for equipment and functioning of ranch.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid drivers license.
Must be 18 years or older. Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb, push, pull, lift 50 lbs., distinguish color, and wear protective apparel; exposure to moisture, cold, heat, outdoors, noise, vibration, mechanical hazards, traffic hazards, electrical hazards, and toxic substances. If you have plant or pollen allergies, this position may not be right for you.
Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to consent to and pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check.
Salary: Approx. $7,000 for summer, plus on-site housing. Can keep a horse. Great job for college student.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden