We are a family owned cow/calf operation seeking a general ranch laborer. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, dependable, trustworthy, and would like to become a meaningful part of our operation. You will be hard working and able to take and follow directions. This is a no frills, profitable ranch with older, well maintained equipment. You would be working side by side with the owners.
This is a full-time long-term position. For the right person there can be future opportunities for owning your own livestock, and possibly management. This position could also work very well for the right couple.
We are located 50 miles south of Malta, MT. This is a remote area without reasonable access to public schools.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Gather, move, sort, and handle cattle during branding, weaning, pregnancy checking, etc.
- Monitor and attend to cattle health (identify and treat a sick animal)
- Monitor and assist with cows at calving
- Feeding cattle
- Maintain, build and/or repair barb wired fences and corrals
- Safely operate a variety of tractors with buckets/grapple forks, trucks, balers, swathers, livestock & flatbed trailers, etc.
- Safely operate ATV/UTV
- Hay hauling and moving
- Stock water maintenance and repair
- Repair and maintain vehicles, equipment, and facilities
- Working outdoors for extended periods in all kinds of weather
- At least 2 years’ experience in all aspect of cattle production
- Experience operating tractors and other equipment
- Experience with older equipment
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- $2,000 per month +, DOE
- 2 bedroom/1.5 bath partially furnished home with utilities
- Ranch vehicle
- Grocery allowance
- Vacation available probationary period
- Other benefits negotiable
- NO smoking in trucks, equipment, buildings or house
- Pets and horses negotiable
- Must pass background check
Years of Experience preferred: 2yrs
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden