Minnesota Native Landscapes
Minnesota Native Landscapes is looking to fill multiple, part-time seasonal Grazing Technician positions. Grazing Technicians are responsible for the day-to-day well-being and care of company grazing animals. This position is based out of our Foley location, but employees must be able to travel throughout the state to fulfill company grazing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides water, mineral and forage to company grazing animals.
- Maintains and fixes fencing infrastructure which encloses and protects grazing animals.
- Monitors the overall health of grazing animals.
- Proactively communicates any issues, concerns or problems that may arise.
- Tracks daily activities performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with a variety of livestock.
- Experience driving trailers and hauling livestock required.
- Experience operating and maintaining livestock care equipment required.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a Class A commercial driver's license.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of time standing and walking, including working on uneven terrain.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, reach and move as needed in order to complete various livestock care duties.
- Able to work long hours, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed.
- Prolonged periods of time working in varying weather conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Must be on call as needed.
- Must be able to consistently travel to various company grazing sites throughout the state and be able to stay overnight as needed.
To Apply, qualified candidates should complete an application at: http://mnnativelandscapes.isolvedhire.com/jobs/125735-42440.html
Minnesota Native Landscapes, Inc. (MNL) was founded in 1998 as an Ecological Restoration company that specializes in the preservation and restoration of native plant communities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest. Our dedicated staff has experience designing, installing, and maintaining native ecosystems for: government entities, corporate campuses, energy providers and distributers, and the general public. In addition to our extensive service offerings, we also produce a wide variety of native plants and seed. MNL operates out of three locations in Minnesota, with our headquarters just off I-94 in Otsego. For more information, please visit our website at www.mnnativelandscapes.com.
Minnesota Native Landscapes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected classifications.
Apply through link