Sweetgrass at Thunderbasin
5,600 Acre private ranch in NE Wyoming Black Hills in search of individual to manage our equine program and provide support with other ranch projects and operations. Limited commercial property activations expected seasonally – Spring, Summer, and Fall to include: upland bird hunting (Fall), family reunions, and small corporate retreats. Property amenities include: 10 stand sporting clays course, 5-stand shotgun, handgun and 250-yard rifle ranges, equestrian center, ATV trails, hiking trails, warm-water fishing, limited seasonal livestock operations with Cattle and Bison, farm to table gardening & beekeeping.
Currently the equine program is small, we have nine horses that are here year-round. Seasonally we bring in leased horses as needed for program activations. This is not a training operation; nor do we want or expect inexperienced horses in our program. Our goal for the program is to be #1 safe, #2 entertaining, and #3 informative. Reports to and works directly with the Ranch Manager.
- Safety conscious
- Have extensive horse experience
- Teaching horsemanship and entertaining individuals and groups, providing trail rides as needed
- Works well with others in an individual and team settings
- Willing to help with all other areas of operation, including ranch maintenance support as needed with Ranch Manager and/or Ranch Foreman.
- Farm and Ranch Experience
- Long Term Intentions
- Strong Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills – ability to supervise & support seasonal employees & contractors
- Strong work ethic, follow through and willingness to work long hours as required (changes seasonally)
- Positive Attitude
- Comfortable in Western terrain and weather
- Time management skills – ability to work independently and with Ranch manager/owners on large decisions
- Valid Driver’s license, and ability to be insured
- Capable of passing a background check and/or drug screening
- Physically fit
- Spanish speaking a bonus, but not required
- Maintain the fitness and readiness of all ranch horses year-round
- Maintain the fitness and readiness of all seasonal horses while on property
- Maintain all tack for the program and see they are up to a safe effective standard
- Keep the arena, stalls, alleyway, runs, livestock handling facilities, and livestock trailers in a safe, clean, orderly, and effective state.
- Perform any minor repairs to keep the facilities up to this standard as well as assisting major repairs and/or improvements as needed
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Equestrian Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Wedding / Event Ranch Jobs, Wrangler Jobs