Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort
Direct the daily running of the Barn operation and Horseback riding program as well as the kid’s Barnyard operation. Train and supervise the 10-15-person Wrangler staff. Oversee the care and maintenance of the horses (100 herd), tack and facilities to ensure all are prepared and up to Alisal standards to provide a safe and enjoyable horseback riding experience for Alisal guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the daily horseback riding procedure including the saddling and unsaddling of horses, the sign-up process, and assignment of horses to guests.
- Directs the monitoring and training of the horses to ensure they are healthy, fit, and prepared for interaction with guests.
- Purchases and replaces horses as required to maintain fitness standards.
- Orders and maintains supplies and feed as required.
- Oversees formal training of new employees ensuring they are able to lead enjoyable rides for guests while maintaining a safety-first mentality.
- Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of the Barn area, tack room, Barnyard, corrals, arena, pastures and trails as well as all tack and related equipment and machinery ensuring all is kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Assists in the preparation of the Barn department annual operations and capital budgets.
- Works with Sales & Marketing to promote and coordinate all aspects of the horseback riding program and Kid’s Barn Yard program.
- Resolves guest complaints and issues as needed.
- Ensures any guest-related accidents are properly documented and that upper management is aware of the incident.
- Establishes work standards and procedures for the horseback riding operation.
- Enforces safety policies and procedures.
- Directs all aspects of the Alisal Kids Barn Yard Program.
- Develops written job descriptions, department manual, training program, safety procedures.
- Schedules employees to meet guest needs.
- Approves payroll and ensures employees are following proper time clock procedures, taking meal breaks, and minimizing overtime.
- Supervises Wranglers daily work, resolve employee complaints, and ensures upper management and Human Resources are notified of any major employee-related issues.
- Ensures expenditures do not exceed established budget parameters.
- Attends weekly manager staff meetings.
- Conducts monthly departmental staff and safety meetings.
- Adheres to Alisal policies and procedures.
- Oversees the daily care, maintenance, vetting, feeding and watering of horses.
Directly supervises 10 to 15 employees in the Barn Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Alisal’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Plus at least five years related experience as a manager of barn operation including guided trail riding and general ranch maintenance experience, or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of The Alisal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside in hot and cold weather conditions conducive to dusty or wet conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Interested candidates please forward resume & bio to: [email protected]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden