Heroes and Horses
HEROES AND HORSES – HEAD WRANGLER
Heroes and Horses Mission Statement:
Our mission at Heroes and Horses is to offer combat veterans an alternative solution for defining and approaching their physical and mental scars—a solution that does not include prescription medications, or traditional psychotherapy, but rather the opportunity to use tools to redefine their purpose, rediscover their inner strength, and maximize their potential by taking ownership of their lives for the first time since leaving service.
WRANGLER – POSITION DESCRIPTION ($30,000 – $40,000 Salary plus benefits)
You will be asked to assist in the management of 45+ head. We operate out of multiple locations depending on the time of the year. During our Program Season (May – September), you will be responsible for feeding daily, carrying out horse training/riding tasks assigned by Equine Manager, adhering to the shoeing/trimming schedule, assisting with instruction on horsemanship, as well as other related tasks. Outside of our program season you will be working with other staff to break and train mustangs in preparation for the upcoming season and other programs. This position requires you to be very trustworthy and be self motivated to complete the workload. There is flexible time off during the off season, however, you must be willing to work holidays and weekends on occasion.
Required Skills and Requirements:
- Farrier- Does not need to have a school certificate but high level proficiency is a must.
- Colt starting and training
- Herd management
- Daily horse care, saddling and tack maintenance
- Basic ranch maintenance (fence work, grounds keeping, ensuring a tidy appearance)
- Excellent riding skills
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Satisfactory background check
- Professional and personal references
- Cellular phone
- Flexible schedule and availability (including Holidays and weekends)
- Must represent Heroes and Horses in a positive and professional manner
- Excellent customer service, self-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail/ability to see tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Familiarity with and desire to learn new methods for equine handling, behavior, care, feeding
- Strong Attention to Detail
Desired Skills (not required):
- Packing Experience
- Strong love for the outdoors and a desire to immerse oneself in it
- A working knowledge around a Cowboy Lifestyle
To apply, please forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden