SJ Ranch is a beef cattle ranch and associated farming operation in Oglesby, Texas. SJ Ranch has been a long standing organization in Coryell County. With a primary focus on stockers, there has been some Barnard owned cattle in the area for 100 years. The full operation covers approximately 7,000 acres in Coryell County running over 10,000 stockers each year growing corn, oats and sudan. While this position does not require management of employees, processing assistance will be available through our employees that focus on the stockers and property maintenance.
Position Summary: The full-time position works in conjunction with the Owner, Ranch Foreman and other staff of SJ Ranch to keep the organization running smoothly and the commercial cow herd efficient. The position requires extensive experience with computers (Windows), superior communication skills, data management, adherence to confidentiality, attention to detail and passion to succeed. Knowledge of the Ranching for a Profit framework desired but not required.
Breeding Herd Assistant Manager
• Manage 160 cows, 8 bulls, 50 H1 bred and 50 H1 exposed on 1300 acres.
• Maximize herd performance, efficiency and grazing.
• Bookkeeping (QuickBooks – training available).
• Inventory tracking of stocker operation purchases, movements and sales (Hi-Plains Systems – Pro Mini – training available).
• General paperwork and organization.
Strategic Planning Assistance
• Assist with strategic planning – Ranching for a Profit framework preferred.
• Business enterprise and budget planning assistance.
Additional assistance with stockers and feeding where necessary.
• High school diploma; some college a plus
• Proficiency with computers; specifically Windows based and MS Office
• Time management skill and ability to prioritize work
• Knowledge of rotational or cell grazing practices for herd management
• Clean driving record
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus potential with herd performance. Living accommodations negotiable with local schools of Crawford, Oglesby or Gatesville.
This position is available immediately.
Forward bio & resume to:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden