Located in Ocklawaha, FL, LWF South is an approximately 2,400-acre property that is primarily managed for wildlife recreational opportunity. We are looking for a herd manager to promote habitat quality, maintain a healthy wildlife population, and entertain family guests. LWF South has a white-tailed deer breeding program including artificial insemination and embryo implantation.
As the Herd Manager of this property, you will be responsible for working alongside the Equipment/Grounds Manager and overseeing the hunting and herd related components of the operation.
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Keeping a detailed log of game species on the property
- Coordinating white-tailed deer breeding program
- Maintaining Harvest logs of animals harvested
- Managing the property for healthy populations of white-tailed deer, elk, fallow deer, axis deer, nialgi, and other related species
- Setting proper property specific limits to ensure healthy density and demographic ratios of native and exotic species on the property
- Communicating with Veterinarian to ensure overall herd health
- Researching and producing innovative ideas to ensure longevity and health of exotics
- Keeping feeders full and operational year round
- Fence monitoring and upkeep
- Maintaining game cameras
- Food plot planning and implementation in conjunction with Grounds Manager
- Conducting population surveys
- Acquire proper transport permits when necessary
- Keeping tree stands clean and in good condition
- Building and maintaining relationships with local vendors
- Scouting, guiding, and processing of game animals
- Maintaining the privacy of both Ranch owners and guests
- Predator management
- Filing yearly herd reports with the state and working with state officials when necessary
- Manage interns and other staff as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Wildlife & Fisheries, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Biology, Animal Science, or a similar field.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs minimum
- Must be a self-starter and hard worker
- Experience operating equipment
- Previous experience in wildlife management
- Knowledge of animal handling, sedation, worming, population management, and harvest prescriptions
Please forward your CV and Cover Letter to our email address listed.
Email Address Hidden
Florida Ranch Jobs
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Outfitter Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs