R-Ranch at the Lake
R-Ranch at the Lake is located on 1,093 acres in the hills above Napa, California, in beautiful wine country, only minutes from Lake Berryessa and approximately 30 minutes from town. The facility boasts a riding program and stable, 300 RV sites, 100 cabins, a general store, Napa County’s largest swimming pool, miniature golf, and hiking trails.
We are looking for a wrangler to join our existing crew for the winter season, with possibility for a year-round position.
The right person(s) will understand the value of quality customer service, possess a natural ability to adapt in a diverse environment, and recognize the importance of balance between all departments within such an organization.
Job Benefits include:
- Hourly wages, paid twice a month
- RV/Camper hookups
- Use of campsite amenities including horses, swimming pool, hiking trails, etc. with preference to paying members
- At least 18 years old.
- First-Aid and CPR certification
- Able to drive
- Must be able to walk more than one horse at a time.
- Must be able to ride a horse even when "it doesn't want to go."
- Ability to tack a horse in western tack without help
- Ambitious, hardworking, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Familiar with riding in rough terrain, have a good sense of direction, and experience with novice riders.
- 5 Years experience handling horses
- 2 Years experience in customer service positions.
- Able to lift 80 pounds
Wrangler Responsibilities Include:
- Guide guests on trail rides, arena rides and aid in gymkhana events.
- Give guests instruction in basic horsemanship, riding lessons and horse care.
- Interact with guests to make each ride safe, educational, and fun.
- Daily feeding and caring of horses.
- Memorize the name, look, and attitude of 50 horses.
- Match horses to guests to fit their skill level, experience, and size.
- Perform tack maintenance as necessary ensuring all is safe and in good working order.
- Maintaining facilities, corrals, arena, trails, grounds.
- Trail maintenance, fencing and general ranch chores.
- Maintaining and alerting supervisor when vehicles and ranch equipment are broken.
- Caring for and identifying sick/injured animals
Please send a cover letter and resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden