Work in the spectacular mountains of Montana! So many fun things to do and see while working in this beautiful location!
About the Ranch
We are located 25 miles from the nearest town, 12 of which are only accessible by horse or wagon. The Ranch runs on generators that supply all of the electricity.
The guest ranch borders the boundary of Yellowstone National Park and a Wilderness area. The guests visit with family and friends, many of whom have been coming for generations! The ranch can accommodate about 18 guests. During their visit, they enjoy trout fishing, hiking, eating, relaxing and riding the mountain trails!
All employees live and stay on the Ranch for the season which is from about June 1st to September 25th or so. The first week of guests are scheduled to arrive around June 23rd. The first few weeks involve spring cleaning of the buildings, training, and general preparations for the guests’ arrival.
The Ranch runs on a weekly rotation, guests leave on Saturday morning and new ones come in on the same day. The lodge and other guest buildings are cleaned from top to bottom before the next guests arrive. Saturday is a big day for all of the employees!
Everyone helps to unload or load the wagons especially on Saturday and Thursday, which is grocery day.
The season begins in late May and ends around September 20th. If you are not able to commit for the full season, please mention this when you apply.
The housekeeper/server position starts at $1700 a month with one day off a week. Below are some of the duties you would take on.
Working as a team and getting along with other employees is expected and essential for the Ranch to run as smooth as possible. Employees must show up for work with a good attitude, ready to provide excellent customer service until the end of the season!
A variety of these tasks would be preformed 6 days per week:
This position’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help ranch staff with spring cleaning and fall winterizing of all ranch buildings.
- Clean all guest quarters on a daily basis.
- Inventory ranch linens.
- Set up and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner for ranch guests.
- Assist Head Cook with minimal amount of food preparation.
- Clean dining area and wash all guest dishes.
- Aid Crew Cook with set-up and clean up of staff meals.
- Launder kitchen and cleaning linens.
- Deep clean guest buildings once a week.
- Unloading wagons and putting away ranch consumables.
- Perform other ranch duties as needed.
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- This position is supervised by the Head Cook.
Some experience for this position would be great; however we would be willing to do extensive training. A valid driver’s license is required and there will be a policy and waver to be signed when you arrive as well as an I-9 form and a w-4.
The Ranch seeks hard-working individuals willing to contribute to a professional, friendly atmosphere with excellent communication and strong customer service oriented thinking. They must not be afraid of long hours and hard work. Flexibility and working long hours, including weekends and holidays, is part of the job. Work requires occasional physical exertion and/or muscular strain. All staff will work with a wide variety of ages and cultures. All positions are considered equally important.
Room and Board
All food, including beverages and snacks, are free. There is no monthly charge for living and staying on the Ranch.
We provide private bedrooms, but they are simple home -style accommodations. You would be sharing a bathroom with other staff. We provide all bedding, towels, laundry soap, and a washer/dryer for free.
The Ranch has a computer for crew and guest use. The internet usage is limited. E-mail and web surfing are okay, but downloading music, videos, games and face book pictures use the bandwidth very fast. Phones are available to you, but you may be given a time limit. As for cell service, Verizon has the best coverage.
While we understand many people have pets, they are not allowed at the Ranch.
Crew Perks and Fun
All staff will receive a monthly salary and tips from a shared pool. A 5-day vacation will be available to those who can stay the full season. Staff may be eligible to receive an end-of-season bonus if they complete the amount of time agreed upon with no job performance issues.
Due to the remoteness of the Ranch, past crew members have indicated that it is a great place to save money! Days off can be spent riding, fishing, relaxing, or hiking in some of Montana’s most spectacular back-country!
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are very remote! Past employees have emphasized that it is advantageous to have their own transportation. If you do not have a vehicle, we will help make other arrangements. During the summer you must find your own transportation if you are interested in going to town or visiting the surrounding area for your 5 day vacation.
To apply, please follow the directions stated below.
• A short detailed message about yourself, the position you are interested in and anything about yourself you would like to include.
• A resume
• At least 3 references from past jobs, their names, phone number, how you are acquainted and the reason that job ended.
• A recent personal photo, due to the unique nature of traveling into a remote area.
• Candidates who can work the entire season are given hiring priority; however this does not mean that you would not necessarily be hired. Be sure to indicate your earliest date of arrival and the latest date that you would be available to work.
Are you at least 18?*
Due to the nature of some of our positions we require our staff to be at least 18.
Are you eligible to work in the United States?
Do you possess a valid driver’s license?
Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony?
A ‘Yes’ answer does not automatically disqualify you from employment.
We will email or call qualified candidates to set up a phone interview.
Contact email: [email protected]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden