A private ranch in North Texas is looking to hire a full time Hunting Dog Trainer.
• Training and conditioning hunting dogs
• Kennel maintenance and clean up
• Monthly and annual dog medication
• Field doctoring for minor wounds and snake bites
• Scouting quail for hunts
• Guide quail hunts
• Fill quail feeders and feed roads
• Willing to help the wildlife team and the ranch in other areas when needed
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
• Experience in training dogs from pups to finish
• Experience handling dogs in various medical situations
• Experience with maintaining kennels and other dog training facilities
• Experience guiding quail hunts
• Experience operating tractors and various machinery
• Previous ranch work experience
Years of experience preferred: 1+ yrs
Must be a team player, with a positive attitude, and willing to learn.
Position is a full-time salaried position and open until filled. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Ranch housing and company truck provided. Qualified applicants should email their resume & cover letter to: