Cedar Cove Ranch
Lead hunting expeditions while prioritizing the safety and well-being of clients. Share in-depth knowledge of wildlife, including species, behavior, and habitat. Provide exceptional customer service by addressing client needs and preferences. Inspect and maintain hunting/ranch equipment to guarantee their functionality.
About Cedar Cove Ranch
Cedar Cove Ranch is a premier destination for sportsmen and corporate retreats. We are a small business growing exponentially. Our Mission is to create personalized exclusive outdoor experiences to foster lifelong connections by providing unmatched hospitality. Our vision is to be the unrivaled destination where adventure, hospitality, and nature converge for memorable experiences. Our commitment is to elevating experiences and redefining excellence. Our core values are the backbone of our business, and guide our hiring process: we are Passionate – Professional, Accountable, Safety Focused, Stewards of Resources, Intentional, Opportunity Focused, Never go it Alone kind of team .
1. Guiding and Outfitting:
- Lead hunting and fishing expeditions, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for clients.
- Provide expert guidance on hunting and fishing techniques, as well as local wildlife behavior.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of firearms and fishing equipment.
- Maintain an impeccable safety record by adhering to all hunting regulations and firearm safety practices.
2. Wildlife Management:
- Implement and oversee wildlife management practices to promote conservation
- Monitor and record wildlife populations, behaviors, and health. Ensure wildlife safety practices are followed.
- Predator Management
- 0 % death loss due to negligence
3. Ranch Maintenance:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the ranch, including maintaining facilities and infrastructure.
- Manage and care for livestock, ensuring their well-being.
- Oversee the upkeep of trails, hunting blinds, and fishing areas to enhance the overall experience for clients.
4. Client Education:
- Educate clients on the importance of ethical hunting and fishing practices.
- Share knowledge about local flora and fauna, fostering an appreciation for the environment.
- Provide safety briefings and instructions on the proper use of equipment.
5. Equipment and Gear Management:
- Maintain optimal condition of all hunting equipment, firearms, and gear.
- Manage an inventory of equipment, coordinating repairs and replacements as needed.
6. Communication and Hospitality:
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction by providing a safe, and successful hunting experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere, ensuring client satisfaction. Maintain high success rates during the hunts.
- Provide clear instructions during activities and maintain open lines of communication with the team.
- Maintain a high standard of ethical conduct, including respect for wildlife, respect for team members, and of course clients.
7. Team Collaboration:
- Work collaboratively with fellow guides, ranch hands, and support staff to create a cohesive and efficient team environment.
- Foster a positive and united team environment through collaboration with fellow guides and support staff.
8. Regulatory Compliance:
- Knowledge of hunting regulations and conservation practices. Strong knowledge of the market and industry trends
- Continuously improve hunting skills and knowledge, and stay updated on changes in hunting regulations and conservation practices.
- Educate clients about legal requirements and promote responsible outdoor recreation.
9. Continuous Improvement:
- Pursue ongoing training and education to enhance skills and stay updated on industry trends.
- Implement feedback mechanisms to continuously improve the quality of services provided.
10. Passion for the Outdoors:
- Maintain a deep passion for hunting, fishing, and wildlife, fostering a genuine connection with the natural environment.
- Instill this passion in clients to create memorable and meaningful outdoor experiences.
- Hunting expertise
- Firearm maintenance and safety.
- Safety and emergency response knowledge.
- Wildlife Management
- Navigation skills
- Communication skills
- Hospitality / Client services Skills
- Grunt Work – Fence, Feeder, Equipment, Food Plot
- Equipment Operations & Management
- Ability to learn and grow
- Education & Experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years guiding experience.
- A college degree is preferred, but not required.
- Wildlife knowledge/experience is a must
Specific physical requirements can vary depending on the type of hunting. Good eyesight, hearing, and capable to deal with physical discomfort at times are expected. Stamina should be capable of leading/keeping up with clients for the duration of the hunt.
Why Join Us:
Being a small business, you will have many opportunities to grow with a proven track record. We offer competitive compensation packages, including base salary plus bonus/commission, as well as benefits such as health insurance, and paid time off.
If you are excited about the prospect of leading hunting operations and hospitality to new heights and have the qualifications and passion we’re looking for, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and explaining why you’re the perfect fit for the Hunting Guide / Wildlife Mgmt / Ranch Hand position. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience to be considered for this position.
We look forward to hearing from passionate candidates who share our dedication to the hunting industry and our commitment to excellence.
Email Address Hidden
Texas Ranch Jobs