LWF North and South Ranches are hiring a joint intern for the upcoming year. We are looking for a motivated individual who is outdoor minded and can commit for a yearlong position.
LWF South Ranch is a 2,800-acre high fenced big game operation in Ocala, FL with 19+ exotic game species and a white-tailed deer breeding facility.
LWF North Ranch is a 1,200-acre high fenced property in upstate NY with a robust white-tailed and red deer herd.
Interns are given the opportunity to participate in various work activities involving LWF North and South’s on-going management programs. Private housing is provided with full kitchen facilities, utilities, and internet at both locations.
The selected intern would spend January – mid-June at LWF South Ranch in Ocala, FL and mid-June – December in upstate NY at LWF North Ranch.
Responsibilities will include: Assisting the owner, ranch managers, and all ranch employees in all day-to-day ranch activities which may include, but are not limited to:
- Filling protein and corn feeders
- Fence monitoring and maintenance
- Assist in the maintenance & upkeep of ranch property
- Assist with game cameras to inventory herd
- Assisting with white-tailed and red deer observation
- Mowing and bush hogging
- Predator control
- Upkeep of ranch house, hunting cabin and lodge, as well as private housing
- Vehicle and building maintenance
- Planting and fertilizing food plots
- Brush clearing
- Guiding hunting guests on an as-needed basis
- Keeping tree stands clean and in good condition
- Using tractors to maintain the fields, plant food plots and clear brush
- Daily feeding and health checks at the game farm
- Working with deer in a handling facility
- Tagging fawns and recording data
- Must be able to work all hours of the day
- Must have open availability for scheduling purposes for the needs of the ranch
- Able to work with a team and be able to self-manage
- Must be able to use critical thinking skills to achieve individual/team goals
- Must be able to handle working in adverse weather conditions
- Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude at all times.
- Good communicator verbally and in writing
- Neat and organized
- Attention to detail
- Work independently without constant supervision
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more on a regular basis
- Willing to learn
- Prior hunting experience
- Able to work alone and with others
- Physically fit
- Good attitude
- Background in wildlife or biology classes
- General knowledge of whitetail deer and various species is preferred
Applicants may be subject to a background check and are expected to maintain the privacy of the properties. Must be well groomed and presentable at all times. Previous ranch experience is a plus but not required. Reliable transportation is required.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Butcher / Meat Processing Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Internship / Apprentice Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs