Bar NI Ranch
The Bar NI Ranch is a 37,000 acre private guest ranch located in a remote location in south central Colorado. We are currently looking for a lead wrangler to oversee our horse operation. This position requires extensive experience in all areas of equine management from vetting to training to herd selection.
The responsibilities associated with this position are, but not limited to:
- managing the development and implementation of a short and long-term horse herd management plan (culling, breeding, purchasing, etc.)
- managing and organizing weekly riding programs for guests, including trail rides and arena lessons and activities (such as team penning, gymkhana games, etc.)
- ensuring overall safety for guests and co-workers while at the barn or on rides
- implementing and managing a training program for all ranch horses, from starting to work with foals at birth to keeping finished ranch horses tuned, using natural horsemanship techniques
- managing all equine nutrition, including monitoring pasture rotation
- basic vetting and horse hoof care, while working closely with farriers and veterinarians
- maintaining the barn, including all tack and supplies, corrals, paddocks and stalls
Solid references attesting to the applicant’s proficiency in the above responsibilities is required. The Bar NI Ranch takes great pride in offering an engaging horse program with well-bred and trained horses that are safe for all levels of riders. Our guests enjoy learning how to develop and further their horsemanship skills. Safety is always at the top of our priority list and our wranglers must have extensive experience leading rides safely through the back country. Our wranglers must have out-going personalities and be well-spoken and able to positively interact with our guests. This season for the position currently runs from May to November. The pay is depending on experience but it is salary with tips and a season end bonus depending on performance.
Room & board provided.
Years of Experience preferred: 5+ yrs in a similar position
Please forward bio & resume to: [FILLED]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden