Sage View Ranch
Sage View Ranch is a small, 11.5 acre ranch with 4 goats, and 50 chickens where we offer unique, fun stays for individuals and groups as well as destination weddings.
Looking for a couple who work well together, enjoy small town living, and enjoy spending time in nature. A neat and organized couple who are eager to learn, enjoy variety, don’t mind getting dirty, have attention to detail, care deeply about animals, enjoy serving people, and yearn to make a difference in the world are a great fit.
This position would begin as part-time work in trade for housing and grow into full-time ranch management. It may be helpful if one or both of you have a current flexible work-from-home job.
Position includes but is not limited to:
- Guest interaction: welcoming, walking with guests and goats
- Animal care ~ Goats: Opening, closing, milking, walking, feeding, brushing. Chickens: Opening, closing, feeding
- Pen cleaning
- Tree trimming and maintenance
- Lawn care
- Weed mitigating
- Housekeeping for lodging rooms: cleaning the main house, buses, tipi, Gypsy wagon
- Cleaning and stocking: porta-potties, sunroom
- Gardening: planting, watering, weeding Irrigation: cleaning paths
- Guest greeting, directing, and assisting
- Flexible work schedule
- Customer service skills
- One of the two must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and sometimes even more
- Enjoy and capable of operating 4 wheeler, trailer, chain saw, lawn mower, weed eater, and garden tools
- Animal husbandry is a plus but not required
- Great communication skills
- Housekeeping experience a plus
- Gardening experience
- Comfortable working outside in all seasons
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently or as a team
- Quick learner and self motivated
- Problem solver
- Clean and organized
- Furnished one bedroom
- Utilities included
- High-speed fiber optic internet
- Hot tub access
- Full kitchen, living room, and bathroom is shared with us. We do not live in the space but utilize it for goat milk and egg processing as well as lodging care.
- 11.5 acres of space to hike, relax and experience the view
A bit about the neighborhood:
Paonia, Colorado is a small town known as one of the largest organic growing communities west of the Mississippi which is loaded with creative people who are up to something. You’ll find an abundance of art, music, and things to do especially in spring, summer, and fall.
There are sights to see and hiking to be had between Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Crested Butte, Telluride, Aspen, hot springs, and the Grand Mesa which has over 300 lakes. If you ski cross country and downhill, areas are all around.
Forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Poultry / Chicken Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Sheep / Goat Ranch Jobs, Wedding / Event Ranch Jobs