Big West Management
Livestock & Feed Hauler / Feed Truck Driver & Equipment Operator / Yard
Position: Fulltime, 40+ Hours weekly, rotating schedule
Compensation – Dependent upon experience
FLSA Status: Hourly, Ag exempt
Functions: The livestock/feed hauler will be required to safely and efficiently deliver livestock, feed, and equipment loads to designated destinations with animal welfare and overall safety being the foremost concern. Feed truck driver functions are to transport and deliver finished feed to cattle daily, along with loading, unloading, and chopping of all feed products. The equipment operator will be required to have working knowledge and be capable of all designated duties involving the loader, tractor, skidster, grader, dump truck, and welder. Successful candidate will be required to assist in various capacities around yard department including but not limited to: pen maintenance, grounds keeping, painting, cleaning, tank washing & repair, and cattle processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Livestock /Feed/Equipment Hauler: Position-Part time
– Transport livestock/feed/equipment to and from designated destinations.
– Observe all government and company regulations at all times.
– Responsible for any and all needed maintenance on tractor or trailer
– Pre-trip the truck/trailer (tires, fuel, oil) and check the load before leaving.
– Observe the livestock’s conditions during transport and take appropriate action
– Help load and unload truck or trailer
– Accurately complete delivery forms/receipts and forward the documentation for timely processing.
– Post Trip the truck (wash, fuel, tires)
– Comply with all DOT rules and regulations as well as biosecurity requirements set by company.
– Maintain an excellent safety and driving record.
Feed Truck Driver & Equipment Operator and Yard Maintenance: Position-Part time
– Operates a feed truck to distribute a pre-determined quantity of feed to cattle daily; follows yard specific guidelines regarding accuracy, distribution, and timeliness.
– Recognizes different feed rations.
– Corrects mistakes and notify manager of misfeeds or accidents, and cleaning up spills
– Cleans bunks out according to yard specifications, including regular removal of mold, rocks, manure, etc.
– Truck maintenance; removal of all trash, wiping out and washing according to schedule, perform truck servicing and inspection according to schedule.
– Ensure operation of equipment by completing servicing requirements as specified by management (may include: fueling, checking fluid levels, checking filters, greasing and cleaning equipment).
– Communicate cattle health issues to pen riders.
– Identify any and all pen and alley maintenance issues; replace/weld broken pipes, cables, clips, cleaning pens, dead animal removal, etc.
– Maintain road surfaces, bunk pads, pen slope and grade, leave hard pan in tact
– Help ensure continuous supply of fresh water to livestock by performing repairs to water system and tanks.
– Mow grass/weeds and maintain tree drip lines
– Building and grounds maintenance as instructed by management.
– All other tasks as indicated by management.
– Comply with all applicable safety rules and policies.
– Valid Driver’s License / CDL Preferred but not required
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
– Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
– Self-motivated, self-starter, possesses the ability to see what needs to be done and work as a team or by yourself
– Experience operating heavy equipment desired
– Willing to work flexible hours.
Expected to demonstrate understanding of Company policies, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgement, observe safety and security procedures, and report unsafe conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 50+ pounds and shovel feed on a regular basis. This position requires sitting for long periods while operating a motor vehicle. Frequently to occasionally, the employee is required to push/pull, reach, bend, stand, climb, squat, kneel, lift, carry, twist, grasp/squeeze. Working with or near cattle, horse, dogs, vehicles and equipment in all weather conditions. Need to have a flexible schedule to fit ever changing work hours.
Years of experience preferred: 1-3 yrs
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden