Pu'u O Hoku Ranch
ABOUT THE RANCH
Pu’u O Hoku Ranch is surrounded by more than 14,000 acres of protected land. The Ranch is a family-owned biodynamic and organic ranch and farm and rustic retreat center on the far East end of Moloka’i, Hawaii. Pu’u O Hoku Ranch is proud to be part of Molokai’s sustainable community, supporting Hawaiian culture and the reintroduction of its native plants and animals. The ranch raises grass fed and finished beef.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Direct and coordinate day to day livestock farm activities and care of all livestock, currently including a small cow/calf operation with about 50 heads and 6 riding horses.
- Improvement of breeding stock to establish a vital, productive, healthy, USDA organic certified cattle herd with prime quality adapted to our land that contributes to the economy of the ranch;
- improvement of pastures, organic control of invasive plants, rotational grazing systems, fences, and water systems.
- Livestock marketing sales, purchasing, under the supervision of the ranch manager;
- Plan and implement policies and procedures to attain low stress animal handling, economical profitability and ensure compliance with safety requirements and USDA certified organic regulations;
- Create and implement a database for production and health in order to make management decisions;
- Initiate ordering supply of feed, supplements and medication.
- Coordination and support of the community hunting program;
- Interfacing with the community (hunters) and our visitors, through an educational lens.
- Regular care and conditioning of our horses and training two three year-olds.
- Guide trail rides for guests, as hospitality arranges;
- Keep tack house in order and clean.
This is a job that requires a person with a love of animals and the land, good communication and problem-solving skills, and an openness to natural livestock care. Experience with semi-tropical environments is a plus, but not required.
HOURS / DAYS / SCHEDULE
This is a full time position that requires weekend work as needed. Weekend duties will be compensated with time off during the week.
SALARY / WAGE / BENEFITS
Compensation will be based on skills and experience. The ranch offers 401(k), medical benefits, and on-site housing.
HOW TO APPLY: To join a dedicated, diverse team please apply with a letter of interest and experience, resume and references to our email address.
Visit website here: https://puuohoku.com/
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.