Wishbone Heritage Farms
One full time position is currently available to manage our pasture raised laying flock (2,100 to 2,800 consistently), broiler chickens (2,500 per year), pigs (finishing 6 to 8 consistently), and grassfed cows (finishing 6 to 12 consistently). Duties include performing and managing consistent pasture rotations of all livestock, intensively managing our egg production, and overseeing all aspects of animal care from hatch/purchase to final transport.
This is a great opportunity for a someone with experience working with livestock in a professional setting, especially laying hens as egg production is the chassis of our revenue stream. Our eggs are included in 500+ CSA shares per week and a used by select chefs and food artisans locally with large opportunity for expansion.
For this position, preference will be given to someone willing to live onsite or currently residing very close to the farm.
Pay commensurate with farm experience, starting at $27,500 to $36,000 per year
- Ability to work on site with a minimum of 40 hours per week, over a minimum of 6 days per week consistently
- Experience with livestock in a production setting
- At minimum, basic tractor experience preferred
- Desire to produce a meaningful and consistent amount of food for our community
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs. (feed bags)
- Working outside (in all types of weather)
- Willingness to get dirty to complete a job
- Working well as part of a team and by yourself
- Reliable Transportation
Visit link here to apply: https://wishbonefarms.com/jobs/
(or) email us for more info.
Email Address Hidden
South Carolina Ranch Jobs