Stage Coach Ranch
This isn’t just a normal job. You get the opportunity to shape the future of an enterprise. Stage Coach Ranch is launching this year with two products — pastured eggs and pastured Kurobuta pork. These are the most premium offerings in each of their markets. This season is all about getting customers and sales set up. After that, we’ll scale as quickly as our operations and the markets allow.
For now, there is a small amount of chicken and pig work that needs to happen each day (less than an hour). The rest of the four-hour daily allocation will be spent on maintenance and construction projects. Examples would be replacing fence posts and building utility sheds or cabins.
As the ranch matures this position will have the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
- Move chicken coop to a fresh ground (must be performed daily by staff for bird health).
- Chicken feeding and maintenance.
- Egg processing and handling.
- Pig feeding and maintenance.
- Record keeping (minor, I don’t like paperwork).
- Maintenance work around the 180 acre ranch.
- Construction of agriculture facilities and utility buildings.
- No influence from or possession of drugs or alcohol in the workplace, period.
- Familiarity with basic animal handling and ranch / farm work.
- Trustworthy, honest, and hardworking.
- Basic construction experience (e.g. ability to frame a shed).
- Good written and verbal English.
- Love of animals and a calm demeanor when working with livestock.
Nice to haves:
- Chicken experience.
- Pig experience.
- Tree and shrub planting experience.
- Computer literacy.
- A desire to grow into ranch management.
- Interest in permaculture and greening the desert.
- All you can eat eggs.
- Massive growth opportunities.
- Profit sharing bonus (restrictions apply but the point is to reward an early employee when we hit success).
Top apply, please forward bio & resume to our email address.
About Stage Coach Ranch:
- New this season.
- Owner based in Boise and focused on customer / business development.
- Outside Murphy, ID (35 minutes from the Legacy Feed & Fuel in Nampa, ID).
- Surrounded by millions of acres of BLM land.
- Direct trail access to the Owyhee Front OHV area.