We are looking for an experienced horseman or horsewoman who can also do ranch work, handyman, and groundskeeping in Kyle, Texas (30 min south of Austin).
50% of the time will be dedicated to caring for our 5 horses and the polo operations. The other 50% will go to taking care of our beautiful 10 acres horse ranch and Airbnb located 10 minutes away from all amenities. We are family-owned and operated which makes for a great work environment! During the polo season (March-June and Sept-Dec), you will work on Saturday and Sunday. Days off will be Monday and Friday. Pay is $500 /week. Must take checks for salary. We run background checks. Absolutely no felons. No flight, no visa.
Check our Instagram out for pictures of the place and the family: (https://www.instagram.com/franchparadize/).
You don’t need to have polo experience. We can train western and english riders as long as you are a confident rider. You can expect a lot of hours in the saddle. A typical day: feed the horses, mend a couple of fences, repair a broken faucet, clean tack, and trailer, haul horses to practice match, tack up, warm up, etc.
The positions include year-round living in our Jayco Eagle 338RETS Trailer (on-site, photos below) and all utilities paid (electricity and internet). Need a valid driver’s license. Truck will be provided for horse transport, other work-related tasks, and reasonable personal use. We will also consider local people wanting to live offsite.
**Here are some responsibilities including but not limited to:**
- Care of horses: feeding, grooming, exercising, paddocks, and pastures management.
- General handyman and building tasks for needed repairs including plumbing, carpentry, and basic electrical.
- Operate and maintain farm machinery including a tractor, ATV, etc.
- Care of other property animals (dogs, cats, chicken) when owners are out of town.
- Building and repairing fences.
- Landscaping work.
- Occasional assistance with guests as needed.
- Passionate about horses
- Experience in the polo groom (or other equine disciplines), farmhand, or groundskeeping fields
- General equipment maintenance skills
- Honest and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience driving truck and gooseneck trailer
- Riding experience
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Work evening, weekend, and holiday work hours as required.
- Assist Owners with other duties, as necessary.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs