Ranch Hand Seeks Mentor
My preference is a cattle ranch, my priority is a ranch that is well organized and well managed ideally with traditional values, isolated, and horses.
The last 6 months, I have been working a 600 head cow/calf heritage Criollo operation in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Audubon certified. Exercising Regenerative principles, Managing cattle mostly on horseback. Applying progressive science and business principles to our efforts.
- Third member of a 3-member mother and son team. Supported all daily operations.
- Cattle: Collected, sorted, branded, trailered and transported 350 cattle (17 trips) during execution of “Drought Plan”.
- Machinery: Developed and implemented “Machinery Maintenance Plan” for all Tractors trucks, ATV’s and devices.
- Fencing: Run, build stretch and repair all fencing, support all general maintenance and technology.
- Jack of all Trades: Support all outward looking marketing and communication. Farmers Market. Content creation. Creative problem solving. Construction of buildings and corrals.
For the last 25 years, I have owned and run a business and technology consulting company. 3 years ago I started working towards my own ranch. I grew up on a first-generation farm building stone houses (pictures below) and racing cars with my father. Now I would like to return to, recover, and rehabilitate our Western ranching traditions and values.
Extensive experience (25 years)::
-Business and project management.
-I can help you improve all your business organization, process, branding and marketing.
-25 years owning consulting company.
-Resume upon request.
Building and construction.
-Carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing.
-Attached are images of houses I have built.
Equipment, Light and heavy.
– Run, repair, maintain.
– Trucks, tractors, trailers.
Moderate (1 year). Black Hills, South Dakota::
-Cattle: Collecting, branding, sorting, trailering, and transporting.
-Horses: Riding, rounding up, feeding caring.
-Daily operations. All aspects of daily ranch operations.
Here is where I would like your help and need more experience. I have much experience, just not in direct ranching, and this is what I am trying to acquire. I can contribute in many ways and help you transition to success in these changing times. In return I seek more practical hands-on experience with operations- All the daily, unpredictable, demanding, unexpected hard physical challenges that I have learned so far. Just more.
I’d really like to talk in person and see your ranch, than on the phone, or by email. It might take a little explaining, but I think you will appreciate my skills once we have talked.
Thank you for taking the time,
Seeking Ranch Job