The duties include but are not limited to:
- Train and run pointers, spaniels and labradors year round to keep in shape.
- Start and finish pointers, spaniels and labradors.
- Clean and maintain kennels
- Routine maintenance and upkeep of all bird and dog equipment.
- Monthly and annual dog medications.
- Field doctoring for minor wounds and snake bites and transport dogs to and from vet as needed.
- Bathe and groom dogs as needed.
- Set up hunts and run dogs for owner and his guests on released upland birds.
- Planting and maintaining of food plots and bird habitat.
- Keep meticulous records for shooting preserve.
- Spray noxious weeds.
- Care for birds on a daily basis.
- Transport Labradors to and from California for waterfowl season.
- Clean guest cabins as needed
- Assist with guest services as required.
- Assist with ranch duties as required.
- Team players with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Good experience training pointers, labs and spaniels from puppies to finished.
- Previous experience setting up and executing upland hunts.
- Knowledge in dog upkeep and medical situations.
- Experience keeping kennels and up to 20 dogs daily.
- Have experience operating tractors and various other machinery.
- Be detail oriented.
- Be able to observe and solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
- Be willing to help the team in other areas when needed
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Dog Training / Kennel Ranch Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Technician Jobs