Kasama, a property and retreat center opening in 2020 in Spicewood, is seeking a On-Site Facilities Manager & qualified Ranch Hand to run a 5-acre property with two horses, two donkeys, two goats and (possibly) a small number of chickens. The property – still under construction – will host weddings + retreats of up to 200 people with up to 50 folks or so staying on the property overnight. This role is focused specifically on the maintenance of the physical property and the animals.
On-Site Facilities Manager
- Manage Daily Property Maintenance
- Coordinates with landscapers, building upkeep, cleaning crew, pool maintenance
- Meets contractors, vendors, service providers related to the physical property
- Executes daily property checks
- Checks daily mail, ensures consistent trash removal.
- Manages process of prepping property before events & resetting after events
- Manages the laundry, cleaning, and property re-setting process.
- Responsible for pre-arrival room checks and post-departure property checks with event managers
- Ongoing on-site security
- Serving as a consistent presence of security on the property
- Serving as an emergency contact on behalf of the property during rentals
- Feed and water all animals on property (horses, donkeys, goats, chickens)
- Maintain all animal-related equipment
- Clean & maintain the living spaces of animals
- Monitor animals and record details of their diet, physical condition, and behavior
- Examine animals for signs of illness or injury
- Exercise animals
- Provide play and companionship for animals
- Bathe animals, trim nails, clip hair, and attend to other grooming needs
- Ability to train animals is preferred.
- Must be strong of body & able to navigate around the property on foot and by ATV. Comfortable with work/life integration.
- Property is located in Spicewood, TX within an hour drive of Austin.
- Housing: Provided. Space may be provided for your existing trailer or RV.
- Cell Signal: Available.
- Internet: Strong, included.
- Laundry: On Site, free.
- Meals: Sometimes provided.
Please email us with a cover letter and details of your history with this type of work.
Email Address Hidden