CARETAKER COUPLE NEEDED
Carlsbad, New Mexico area
Homeowner with multiple homes on acreage seeks a Caretaker Couple. These are long-term, full-time jobs and the couple must take pride in the keeping of the homes and landscaping. This opportunity includes salary, housing, utilities, and truck for work use. The area is remote. Not ideal for children.
- Couple must have a solid work history in housekeeping and lawn maintenance with long periods of time/tenure with the same company/owner.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have valid driver’s license.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must keep homes and grounds at guest ready level throughout the year regardless of the owner’s schedule.
- While the owner and guests are offsite, work hours will be typical 8-hour day Monday – Friday.
- While the owner and guests are in residence, adjusted work schedules are required to accommodate.
- Provide immaculate housekeeping for six homes of varying sizes.
- Cleaning responsibilities to include:
- — Windowsills, ledges, blinds, doors, baseboards, picture frames, ceiling fans, and lamp shades.
- — Furniture, intricate items, glass tops, etc.
- — Hardwood, tile, and carpeted floors.
- — Kitchens and bathrooms cleaned and sanitized.
- — Mirrors and chrome fixtures.
- — Laundry washing, drying, and folding of towels, linens, and clothing.
- — Bedmaking
- — Overall tidying and trash takeout.
- Coordinate with owner regarding grocery needs. Shop for food and supplies, place in bins and refrigerator as appropriate.
- Bring in the owner’s mail daily.
- Special housekeeping and organizational projects as required.
- Summer: mowing 4+ acres – some by riding lawn mower and some by push mower.
- Winter: raking leaves. The property includes many trees.
- Weed eating, edging sidewalks, and power blowing.
- Planting and weeding all flower beds and ensuring they are immaculate.
- Fertilizing, pest control, weed control, removing fallen limbs, tree pruning, and other special projects.
- Watering/irrigation of grounds and orchard trees.
- Rake/level gravel roads near houses as needed.
- Pressure washing sidewalks and exterior of homes as needed.
- Gutter cleaning.
- Keep fire and barbeque pits maintained and ready for use. Check propane levels and fill, as necessary.
- General maintenance and troubleshooting of the main home and guest houses to include:
- — Generators, faucets, toilets, filters, light bulbs, etc. Coordinate larger household service and repairs.
- Maintain/service the truck, mowers, four-wheeler, etc.
- Ensure vehicles used by owners are maintained and filled with gas/ready for use during visits.
- Special groundskeeping and maintenance projects, as required.
To Apply, please email us a resume. **Please mention you saw this ad on Ranchwork.com**
All Ranch Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples/Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs