We are looking for a long-term caretaker/handyman or caretaker/handy-couple to provide daily operations of a 60-acre private, family-owned ranch 30 miles north of Santa Barbara. The property is a vacation retreat the owners and their grown children and family, who do not live full-time on the property.
Caretaker(s) must live on the property and be able to do general land and garden maintenance, handyman repairs, house and other building maintenance and cleaning duties. Caretaker(s) are provided a separate new-construction two-bedroom house in which to live on the property. (Candidate must not have children living at home.)
Ideal candidates are couples, but will consider strong single candidates. Must be hard working and have a positive attitude as well as knowledge of basic farm equipment and machinery, including tractor, landscape machinery, front loader, chipper, chain saws, wood splitter, and tools.
Duties will vary at different times, depending on and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Landscape & Road Maintenance – tree trimming, brush clearing, orchard maintenance, and general upkeep; Operate and maintain farm machinery, tractor, skip loader, chipper, chain saws, tools etc.
• Water Management – Maintenance of water systems including wells, pumps, cisterns, water lines, irrigation, sprinkler, water storage tanks, fire hydrants
• Handyman – plumbing, electrical, general carpentry and repair work. Building maintenance. Equipment maintenance.
• Security – maintain security of the gated property at all times.
• Owner’s home maintenance & cleaning, including laundry, linens, windows, and deep cleaning.
• Pool & spa maintenance.
• Owner assistance – housekeeping, laundry, assist in kitchen, drive to town to purchase supplies; assist owner and family with ranch activities when in residence.
• Any and all other ranch duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have landscape and road equipment operation/maintenance experience.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are mechanically inclined and have a background and skillset working with a wide variety of tools, power tools, landscape maintenance tools, machinery and farming equipment, and experience servicing vehicles and maintaining machinery.
• Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule, which may include some occasional weekends (for which comp-days will be provided). The job generally requires five days/week, 8-hours per day and night work is very rare.
• Must have good communication skills and communicate regularly with owners via text, email and phone. Must be dependable, honest, and trustworthy.
• Must be legal U.S. citizen or valid working papers; must have valid driver’s license and clean DMV report; provide a work history and references, including phone numbers; and pass a drug test/background check.
We provide a private, new construction, two-bedroom, one-bath home on the property. The kitchen opens to an outside patio area, and the home includes direct TV and wifi and gas/electric. In addition to providing housing, there is an annual salary of $28,000 – $35,000, depending on experience.
Forward resume & cover letter to: [email protected]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden