Little Belt Cattle Co.
Seeking a full time Ranch and Farming Operations Manager at growing cattle ranch operations in Central Montana. The position will include wages, onsite house, truck, internet, and power. This is a full time, year round position that requires manager to live on-site outside of Martinsdale, MT. (Location is between White Sulphur Springs and Harlowton MT)
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to full time on-site management of feeding cattle, irrigation, hay production, farming, equipment operation, equipment maintenance, property / building maintenance, fencing, stock water development, branding support, calving support, cattle movement support, and general ranch work for a 350 – 450 pair cow calf operation. Responsible for the management and execution of putting up approx 700 ton of hay during summer.
The primary role of this position will be to manage the production and farming of hay, irrigation (Pivot / wheel line / flood), ranch/building maintenance, equipment operation/ maintenance, transportation of livestock / equipment, and executing cattle feeding plan in winter. Secondary roles will be to support the general cattle operation in calving, branding, care, movement, processing, shipping, and general task associated with cattle care.
- $4,500 per month as a full time salaried employee of Little Belt Cattle Co.
- On-site housing with power and internet
- Truck / work related fuel
- 14 days PTO during shoulder season. (Days can NOT be used during times of high operation output and must be coordinated and approved in advance.)
- Prior experience as a ranch manager or assistant manager is preferred.
- Previous heavy equipment operation of ranch related equipment to include but not limited to (tractors, skid steer, truck feeders, swather, hay rake, bailer, excavator, fork lift, snow removal equipment, four wheeler, side by side, and hauling equipment).
- Experience in equipment maintenance and mechanical repair is a must.
- Prior experience working with cattle is preferred. To include but not limited to cattle health assessment, administer vaccination / antibiotic, branding, tagging, feed and water assessment. Detailed record keeping of cattle care is a must.
- Prior experience working with and riding horses is preferred.
- Must have clean driving record and able to obtain a driver license in the state of Montana.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background screening.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Hay Ranch Jobs, Ranch Foreman Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs