Independence Valley Ranch
The Independence Valley Ranch is looking for a qualified, hands-on Ranch Foreman for our cow-calf operation in Wells, Nevada. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day cattle operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of 1,200 pairs, bulls and replacement heifers
- Calving, tagging, processing, and weaning
- Gathering, sorting, shipping, doctoring and routine vaccination and health treatments
- Detailed record keeping on cow herd, bulls, breeding program, treated/sick cattle, etc.
- Managing breeding program
- Managing feed program
- Grazing and pasture management
- Feeding hay in winter and minerals/supplements as needed
- Maintain and repair fences, solar wells, corrals, etc.
- Maintain detailed records to be able to participate in all-natural and breed-specific cattle programs
- Supervision of full and part time employees, seasonal labor and day help
- Communication with owners on a consistent basis
- Work directly with owner on major management issues and long-term goals of the cow herd
- A minimum of 4 years recent cow-calf high-desert experience and strong knowledge of day-to-day cattle operations, grazing/pasture management, stock water systems and previous employee supervisory experience is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in herd health and nutrition at all stages of cattle production.
- Have knowledge of proper medications for cattle. Skilled at branding, vaccinations, castrating, and ability to evaluate and implement cattle health requirements.
- Individual must know how rope/ride and doctor outside cattle and operate ranch machinery including backhoe, tractor, bale processor, etc.
- Self-starter who is good at team building. Possess a high energy level, strong work ethics and can remain organized in a constantly changing, long hours work environment.
- Strong communication skills, effective written and oral communication skills, be detail-oriented and proven management skills.
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets), Word and email programs.
This is a full-time position and an excellent opportunity for someone to grown with a progressive cattle operation. Housing on site is provided along with a company truck for work use. Smoking and drugs are prohibited on the ranch.
To apply: Email resume and list of references to our email address. Phone and in-person interviews will be performed and background and driving records checked before employment.