Working Ranch Foreman will perform all maintenance for vacation home, ranch housing, and additional infrastructure existing on property. Depending on project size, duties may include the coordination and supervision of contractors and service providers. Appropriate and professional interaction with vendors and product suppliers is expected. Additionally, Ranch Foreman will oversee the wildlife operation and employ quality general land management practices throughout the entire 900-acre property.
*Onsite housing and an excellent benefits package are available*
- Employee will work in multiple environments, primarily outside.
- The work schedule is generally 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, although this can vary seasonally. Occasional weekend and nighttime availability is required.
- Landscaping – Maintenance to include mowing the lawn and maintaining landscaped flower/plant beds around the main house. Watering, fertilizing, and weed control as necessary. Mowing of lawn(s) to be at least biweekly April – November and weekly if house use and conditions dictate. Seasonal landscaping, including spring flower/plant bed preparation and winter protection, as needed.
- Pools – Maintain swimming pool and hot tub to include at least weekly checks of all pool equipment and chemical levels. Additional checks may be necessary with increased use. Adjusting water treatment chemicals when needed.
- Perform regular pest control, primarily ants and rodents.
- Regular and consistent cleaning of all exterior hard surfaces around vacation home, including power washing, as necessary.
- Manage contracted housekeeping services to ensure the house is cleaned appropriately. If desired, consideration can also be given to a qualified spouse or family member performing these tasks, for appropriate compensation, in lieu of contracted service.
- Basic procurement of household supplies including cleaning supplies, paper products, and propane for existing tanks.
- Ensure house systems and amenities are properly maintained and in good working order, including HVAC, phones, television/DirecTV, internet connection, exterior lighting and irrigation, electrical systems, and all kitchen appliances.
- Irrigation – ensure irrigation is working for several acres of lawn.
- Trees – contract, if needed, for tree feeding, pest control, and pruning.
- Maintenance of small ranch vehicles.
- Aggressively manage barn swallows at vacation home and adjoining structures to eliminate nesting along with overall sanitation improvements.
Land Management duties are also required. Additional details can be given.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least five years’ experience with rural property management, including properties with dwellings.
- Self-starter, motivated, able to complete projects with little or no direct supervision.
- Applicant must be motivated to complete projects with little or no direct supervision, once trained.
- Ability to interact via email and text, as well as general computer knowledge to relay information to supervisor and owners, is required.
- Pleasant interpersonal skills are required to interact with multiple owners, guests, and vendors.
- Takes pride in the appearance and proper functioning of all facilities, equipment, and land improvements.
- Pleasant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Texas hill country experience preferred but not required.
- Experience using hand and power tools typical for buildings, housing, land management, and general ranch work.
- Experience with and basic knowledge of small/medium mobile equipment and farm tractors is a plus.
- Capable of lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Reliable transportation.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in various conditions, with exposure to weather elements, noise, heights.
- Ability to work in and around water at various levels.
- Standing, walking, and sitting is routinely required, as well as vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility at distance but also 20” or less for any detailed needs
- Candidate must be able to pass an initial, as well as periodic, drug screening, and background/credit checks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to tow trailers as needed.
If you have at least 5 years' experience with rural property management, including properties and dwellings, please send a resume to our email address. Please note: the minimum of 5 years' previous experience with rural property management is required. *Onsite housing and an excellent benefits package are available*
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Foreman Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples/Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs