Muddy Meadows, LLC
Now Hiring: Ranch Groundskeeper/Landscaper & Animal Caretaker
Do you strive to work hard in the fresh outdoor air? Do you have a passion for caring for farm animals? Do you have experience working with equines? Are you highly motivated and pay close attention to detail of grooming ranch land? Do you enjoy landscaping? Are you a team-oriented individual who thrives in a variety-filled environment?
If the answer is YES, Muddy Meadows is looking for you! We have several onsite hopping companies in the midst of magnificent things that are making a positive difference and impact in this world.
If you are a landscaper, animal caretaker, enjoy groundwork and are looking for a new long-term position with excellent management in a beautiful environment, please consider this great opportunity! We continue to create a trustworthy, family-oriented, and fun environment. Over the years, we have cultivated an employee culture that promotes collaboration where ideas are openly shared, and employees are happy to be engaged. Our organization is based on the integrity of our company culture and our Muddy Meadows’ name. We are proud to demonstrate that our management team, administrative team, support teams, ranch team, and volunteers are all ONE big team!
About Muddy Meadows:
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE …
We love what we do! Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference for each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and hard work is rewarded. As a company, we continue to grow, and we hope you’ll grow with us.
Muddy Meadows is a 14-acre retreat nestled in the rolling hills of historic rural Georgetown, CA. We are actively open and working year-round. Our mission is to offer an environment where guest can interact with numerous farm animals, engage in educational stations throughout the property, while playing and having lots of fun. We host outdoor concerts and numerous events, all out in the natural surroundings and clean air of Northern California. Muddy Meadows is open to the public with admission. All net proceeds support our sister company, Serenity Springs Ranch, which is a Non-Profit Organization that provides fun and healing modality experiences for foster children and families. Every visit to Muddy Meadows helps give a free experience to a foster child in need.
Position: Full-time with some weekends and holidays required
Pay: Dependent on experience, competitive wage
Paid time off & sick leave is included. You will receive holiday pay for any days you are normally scheduled to work. This is a nonexempt, unbenefited position
Primary Responsibilities and Function:
Establish and maintain the ultimate cleanliness of the ranch grounds and landscape, caretake for various farm animals, and exercise equines. The ideal candidate will be an upbeat “people person” with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and works independently.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education, and training):
- 2+ years groundskeeper/landscape experience at a ranch, country club, or estate
- 2+ years experience working with equines
- Must live within 30 minutes of location or reside in an off-site rental located in Georgetown provided by the owner in exchange for rent
- Knowledge of plant care, landscape, and irrigation systems
- Safely able to drive a tractor and other large equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of animal stalls, coops, barns, & entire outdoor property
- Experience in feeding & grooming animals and exercising/training equines
- Comfortable monitoring animal behavior, health, & administering medications
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently, identify problems, and find solutions
- Dependable, hardworking, and honest
- Reliable communication with the owners and/or team daily
- Resourceful and flexible with changes and tasks
- Must love animals and children & obtains a positive attitude & sense of humor
- Ability to work long hours if needed and perform laborious duties such as raking, weeding, mowing, and brush removal in order to keep grounds appearance clean & neat at all times
- Resourceful in repairing & building such as: mechanical repair, electrical, carpentry, fence repair, & other handyman-like fixes
- Keeps food, inventory, & stalls organized & stocked at all times
- Willingness to do whatever is needed to be done and possess a “can do” attitude
- Strong attention to detail & can identify areas that need groomed/landscaped
- Works with speed and accuracy
- Follows directions thoroughly
- Maintain the confidentiality of guest and management information as well as pertinent ranch data
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees
- Anticipates and understands guest’s and management needs
- Solid computer skills (email, internet, simple recordkeeping)
- Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures, and regulations
- Must have a valid driver’s license, willing to undergo a criminal background check, and drug screen
- Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work outdoors, on uneven, slippery terrain in varying weather conditions with dust and allergens
- Ability to walk distances, twist, bend, kneel, and climb
- Exercises equines on site, cleaning & caretaking various farm animals
- Tractor grading in arena
- Exerts up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move equipment
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
*If qualified & interested, please email a cover letter and resume to our email address.
Please write “Ranch Groundskeeper & Animal Caretaker” in the subject line.
Visit our website here: https://muddymeadowsllc.com/
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs