We have a sister property that is in need of a couple to maintain its facilities, yards and care for all guest. This ranch is a part time residence for the owners; open some weeks for Air B&B paying guests and is a hunting destination for mule deer, elk, audaud, quail, turkey and pheasant. This ranch does have a Hunting Manager that cares for all hunts, feeders and oversees his ranch hand.
Property is 40,000 acres and includes a main house, hunting lodge and house for caretakers.
Couple team must be comfortable living in remote West Texas location, with rough terrain and thirty miles from the closest town.
- Buildings maintenance/care which includes: Basic plumbing, property/furniture/repair, general hardware, minor carpentry, electrical maintenance and fencing.
- Lawn care and weed control.
- Road maintenance including grading.
- Maintenance and use of mechanical equipment.
- Trash hauling
- Tree harvesting and wood storage for fireplaces and general property maintenance for fire.
The spouse will be responsible for:
- Detail oriented cleaning/housekeeping and keeping main house and lodge ready for guests (both family and guests).
- Cooking for guest including grocery shopping and maintaining all supplies needed (cleaning and toiletries).
- Helping out with other ranch duties may be asked when needed and primary priorities allow.
- Weekly update and task completion list – reporting to be done on Friday’s.
Previous ranch caretaking experience including plumbing, driving heavy machinery and electrical knowledge will be given preference. There is a great opportunity for a long term position if you thrive in this environment. Serious inquiries only.
Expectations and amenities:
- Housing with all expenses paid (4 bedroom house; Includes direct TV, WiFi and landline.)
- Owner to provide equipment for maintenance and repair of property, lawn mower(s) and all other equipment.
- Both of couple should have Drivers license, SSN or EIN and will be required to submit to a background check.
- Health insurance is not provided with this position
- Pay will be based on experience.
Years of Experience preferred: 3 or more
The successful applicants will be self-motivated and have experience, flexibility, trustworthiness, above average work ethic.. They will be self-starters, teachable, friendly, accountable and like-minded with the family and guest.. They will have ability to complete work and be reliable, organized and honest. They will have the ranch manager to go to for questions and concerns. Days off must be approved by ranch manager. Weekends off when owners or guest are not on property. No Smoking or drugs allowed.
Contact us with bio & resume: