Grand Island Farms
Pecan Orchard Manager Apprentice / Ranch Hand needed
Grand Island Farms, has a new pecan orchard in the Walnut Grove, California, Delta area. Do you have a passion for nature and the outdoors? Are you ready for a career that centers on caring for NEWLY planted trees and working every year to improve a 200 acre (when completed) orchard in the beautiful California River Delta Area? We are looking for an individual to step into a Farm Management Apprentice role in our orchards!
- Assist Farm Manager to learn the management of pecan trees
- Maintain cultivation, fertilization and preventative tree care
- Irrigation maintenance; monitor/maintain moisture levels and pump efficiencies
- Monitor nutrient levels of pecan trees and soil
- Aid Farm Manager with pre-plant preparation, crop management, harvest operations and shipping process coordination
- Work with and manage contracted labor relationships
- Assist in researching methods and strategies to improve irrigation, fertility and overall optimization of orchard performance, with continued study of industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree related to Agriculture, Arboriculture, Farm Management, or equivalent experience preferred but NOT necessary
- Experience operating mechanical farm equipment
- Passion for agriculture and farming
- Effective communication skills
- Preferred but not required; ability to speak and understand Spanish
- Flexibility and proactive attitude in fast-paced work environment
Experience: Farming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Salary: Starting range from $57,200 – $67,600 Depending on experience.
To apply, forward your bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.