Lykes Bros. Inc.
A Lykes Bros. Inc. Ranch Hand will work under the supervision of Ranch Cattle Supervisor and cow crew foreman to assist in varied ranch and livestock herd activities alongside other ranch hand employees.
- Work with cow crew as needed in livestock movements, counting and sorting.
- As a cow crew team member, assist in vaccinating, tagging, branding, castration, etc.
- Assist in conducting fence inspections and making necessary repairs ensuring integrity of the fence lines.
- Assist in upkeep and establishment of livestock pens, dog pens, feeding stations, gates, and ranch barns.
- Irrigation ditch maintenance as needed.
- May assist in conducting controlled burns to improve or preserve pastures.
- Assist in tractor operations if needed.
- Help maintain livestock feeding stations when required.
- Other various livestock and pasture activities will occasionally be scheduled and responsibility to participate as needed is required.
- Maintain open and positive communications with all other team members and supervisors.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, safe work habits and reliability.
- Able to follow directions.
- Some knowledge about agricultural and wildlife management practices.
- Experience riding and working cattle preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with tractors and four- wheel drive vehicles with manual transmissions preferred.
- Trailer towing experience helpful.
- College/vocational education in related field of agriculture & animal science helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual will work outdoors in all kinds of weather. Physical strength is required due to riding and walking on irregular surfaces, lifting gear, hauling feed bags, moving gates and maintaining fence lines etc. The individual is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods. The individual must be able to effectively communicate and hear. A ranch hand is occasionally required to climb or balance; walk on uneven surfaces, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision. This position will routinely require lifting up to 50 pounds.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
* A full job description can be found on www.lykes.com > Menu > Careers at Lykes
Visit website here: https://www.lykes.com/
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden