Flying B Bar Ranch
Flying B Bar Ranch is a regenerative, grass fed farm and ranch that provides direct to consumer wagyu/angus beef sales. We are looking for the next perfect team member to add to our high performing family of collaborators and staff. The FBBR Ranch Hand's role is to help with the day to day aspects of the cattle operation, help oversee interns and perform general ranch duties. The Ranch Manager will assist most of the time, but the Ranch Hand will take the lead. This position will also contribute to grazing planning, weekly planning meetings, and regular management meetings. The Ranch Hand will gain relevant experience in all aspects of ranch management while overseeing and grazing multiple herds. All the while, helping a robust and growing operation continue to expand into a multi-species market.
There are three main components to this operation:
- Ranching: Depending on the time of year, we intensively graze between 800-900 animal units Our cows are medium frame Angus genetics that we breed to Wagyu bulls. During the growing season, animals are shipped to two different mountain leases within the state. Weaned calves are finished on the ranch and slaughtered between 24-30 months of age.
- Farming: We farm 3,800 acres on a 2-year rotation. We are experimenting with grazing dry land cover crops. The rest of our farming is haying forage crops for winter feed, using mostly brand-new John Deere equipment.
- Retail: We market our beef directly to consumers and have a weekly slaughter schedule. Customers can pick up their orders at the ranch or have it shipped to their front door via our website. We build our own insulated boxes and store packaged meat at the ranch in a large walk-in freezer.
Our perfect candidate:
- Loves the ranch lifestyle.
- Works hard, plays hard.
- Has a sense of humor and does not take him/herself too seriously.
- Is tough, this is long, hard work, but there is no greater satisfaction.
- Rides for the brand and knows what that means.
- Has an unquenchable thirst for innovation and improvement.
- Is a student of regenerative ranching and farming.
- Is mission driven to improve the planet and lives of the community we live and work in.
This position has exceptional advancement opportunities for the right individual. We are growing very fast and need likeminded folks to help us succeed. If you have an interest in learning about Holistic Planned Grazing and want to get your foot in the door with a fun operation, please apply!! Minimum 5 years’ experience, Pay BOE, Housing best suited for single person or couple.
- Please email a cover letter and resume to our email address.
- Please provide at least 3 work related references.
Visit website here: https://www.flyingbbar.com/