Double T Ranch
The Double T Ranch near Babb, MT is a bison exclusive ranch maintaining approximately 850 mother cows grazing on 9,000 plus acres. In addition to the cow herd, the Double T Ranch operates bison backgrounding/feed and grow facilities with capacities of up to 2,500 animals. The Double T Ranch is seeking to fill the position of Bison Ranch Hand (BRH) who reports directly to the Ranch Operations Manager (ROM). The BRH is required to work on the property year-round.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope:
• Provide general animal husbandry activities including daily feeding and watering, facility maintenance, animal handling, animal vaccinations, pen cleaning and other seasonal activities.
• Report of daily livestock related activities including but not limited to animal health, weather conditions, facility conditions, forage and feed consumption.
• Ensure safety and security of all assets including team members, equipment, forage, feed and animal inventories.
• Make good, independent decisions based on experience and judgements.
• Work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
• Work hours may vary with possible evening, weekend, or holiday work required depending on the season and associated work duties.
Skills and Qualifications
• Have knowledge or willingness to learn natural livestock husbandry techniques.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in a livestock ranch environment.
• Strong desire to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently, as a member of a high functioning team and developing effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
• Energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
• Must have valid driver’s license and experience operating various types of equipment and machinery (trucks, tractors, ATV/UTVs, mowers, generators, pumps, etc.). CDL a plus.
• Must have general equipment maintenance and repair experience. Welding experience a plus.
• The Ranch Hand is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
• Position based on ranching operation near Babb, MT.
Competitive Salary and benefits package include:
• Health, dental and vision insurance.
• 401k retirement plan.
• Life insurance.
Please forward bio & resume to: [email protected]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden