Small private family ranch needs a ranch hand / land caretaker / handyman to manage all aspects of the property on a daily basis. Our ranch is a simple operation with 15 to 20 cows, older barns, a few mini donkeys, etc. We are located in Morgan Hill, CA, which is Northern California near San Jose and San Francisco.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Animal Care – Daily feeding and care of animals as well as cleaning, deworm, and general knowledge of animal health.
• Landscaping – Maintenance and new installation. Tree trimming, irrigation, mowing and general upkeep of the property. New installation of plants, irrigation system and vegetation.
• Fencing – New construction of barbed wire as well as a residential no climb fence. Maintenance of older barbed wire fencing.
• Water Management – Maintenance of water for animals as well as property, including troughs, water lines, pipes, irrigation, well, etc.
• Handyman – plumbing, electrical, concrete and carpentry repair work as well as new construction of shade structures, small sheds, chicken coop, etc.
• Operate Machinery – Must be able to operate a tractor, landscape machinery, tools, and riding mower.
• Individual Requirements – Highly motivated, honest, dependable, hardworking, non-smoker, and able to work with little to no supervision. As well as able to take criticism or edits, and changes. English is required. Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively with ranch owners. Flexibility is a must. Rarely but sometimes, there are urgent situations like a calf being born, or an illness, or a broken water pipe.
Please note this is not a horse operation. Taking care of the animals is important but it is only a small portion of the day. The rest of the day is oriented more towards manual labor projects.
Pay based on experience and Includes a 2 bedroom private residence and free utilities. Position is suitable for an individual or a couple. Background check will be run.
If you are interested, I look forward to speaking with you to determine if this is a fit!
Email: [email protected] – Cell (408) 644-6200