Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist Ranch Manager with cattle and livestock operation, including daily care:
- – – watering,
- – – feeding,
- – – grazing, herding in accordance with Holistic Management practices and practicing stress-free handling
- Sort cattle as necessary in order to tag, castrate, vaccinate, etc.
- Assist in tagging, castrating, and administering vaccinations to cattle
- Set up paddocks with portable electric fencing.
- Maintain farm/ranch structures, e.g. buildings, fences (electric single line, electric portable and barbed wire)
- Repair roads and maintain as needed
- – – Properly water the pastures with wheel-line and handset irrigation.
- – – Maintain pumps associated with water/irrigation operations.
- Maintain and ensure ranch/farm equipment is in good operating order
- Assist with horses and Alpacas as needed, e.g. feeding, exercising, grooming, blanketing and keeping paddocks cleaned.
- Haul cattle and grain
- Pick up and deliver meat
- Overall maintaining and ensuring the entire Ranch is clean and neat.
- Operate ATVs, trucks, and other machinery/equipment
- Act as emergency onsite contact on Ranch as needed
- At least 1-2 years of experience and knowledge working on a ranch
- At least 3 years of cattle experience and hauling livestock
- Knowledge of safe work practices around horses and other livestock
- Cattle and pasture experience (Holistic Management knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance with mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Experience in monitoring animal appearance/behavior and communicating any necessary information to superiors
- Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older and drug-free
- Clear background check
- Strong communication skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to work outdoors, on uneven, slippery terrain in varying weather conditions with dust and allergens
- Ability to twist, bend, kneel, climb, lift 100 lbs., and use hand tools as necessary
- Safely operate ATV
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to adapt to changes throughout the day
- Must have a California Driver’s License and Class A Commercial license
- Working weekends is required
Housing is available for the right person.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit website here: http://www.pomponioranchstallions.com/
Email Address Hidden