TITLE: Ranch Hand, Sedalia, Douglas County, CO
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Ranch Manager
The Ranch Hand will perform general ranch work as directed, such as operating and maintaining the operational condition of farm equipment, caring for livestock, landscape maintenance, general labor, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: At least two years of experience working on a farm or ranch and performing work such as caring for livestock, fixing fence, cutting trees, landscape maintenance, etc. Experience in operating and maintaining farm equipment, such as tractors, mowers, chain saws, etc. is required.
Skills: Must be able to read English language sufficiently to understand written directions for the proper mixture, use, and disposal/storage of chemicals, fertilizers, and similar products used in agricultural work. Skill in the proper operation and maintenance of farm machinery, tractors, tools, and agricultural equipment is required. Must know how to drive farm tractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs tasks general labor farm duties as assigned by fixing fence, landscape maintenance, cutting trees, irrigating and applying fertilizer or chemicals, as directed.
- Provides general care to livestock.
- Safely operates light vehicles and farm machinery such as pick-up trucks, tractors, riding mowers, plows, mowers, etc. by obeying applicable traffic laws, following operator instructions, and wearing appropriate safety equipment such as goggles, gloves, or other protective clothing.
- Performs regular and directed field maintenance by mowing using riding mowers or tractors and gasoline-powered trimmers or chain saws, clearing brush, and setting up, adjusting, repairing, and cleaning irrigation systems.
- Ensures that farm machinery, equipment, and tools are operational by performing routine and preventative maintenance and cleaning farm machinery, equipment, and tools and making minor repairs within demonstrated capability.
TO APPLY: Forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden