Seeking a full-time ranch hand to 40+ hours, 5 days a week on private equestrian ranch, located on the West Fork of the Bitterroot River outside Darby, Montana. Must have U.S. driver’s license and able to work in the U.S.
Duties Include ranch Maintenance, repair and upkeep and horse care. Specifically:
- Mucking/clean-up for up to 11 horses
- Feeding horses
- Filling and cleaning water troughs and cleaning of automatic waterers
- Help with turn-in/out of horses
- Fence repair, replacement and painting (wood rail and post; T-post and wire)
- Run-in shelters and outbuilding repair and painting
- Weed abatement (weed-whacking, manual weeding, manual brush trimming/cutting)
- Rain erosion control (manually filling in eroded areas and holes in driveways & horse pens keeping drainage ditches clear)
- Trimming tree branches, picking up fallen debris, clearing drainage channels
- No criminal record
- Other duties common and necessary on a horse ranch
Must be detail oriented, drug/alcohol/tobacco-free, fit and healthy self-starter who is unafraid to ask questions if uncertain about a task and is able to take and follow directions.
Take great pride in your work, ability to work alone, complete tasks with an eye toward detail that ensures finished work looks visually appealing.
Good carpentry skills, basic plumbing/irrigation skills and ability to perform occasional heavy manual labor (weed abatement, erosion control, installing/replacing fence posts) with hand tools is mandatory.
References and background check required. Salary commensurate with experience in handling horses.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden