GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The expectation is the Farm / Ranch Hand should be available on-site, to live in a trailer that will be provided. 1-2 people maximum. No smoking. Minimal alcohol on site.
No marijuana. No illicit drug use. Housing is completely contingent on employment, includes internet and utilities. It does not include laundry or mailbox.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Walk water meters – document numbers
- Walk upper house perimeter- lock gates
- Walk inside/outside lower house- look for water leaks
- Check on dogs, walk and feed dogs (morning and evening) – brush hair
- Walk fruit tree, garden and barn area – prune and pest control family fruit trees
- Garden – water, weed, and maintain
- Gopher traps – clear, place and control holes
- Lawn monitoring
- Landscape and Lawn sprinklers – monitor area watered and adjust; monitor for broken pipes/sprinklers and repair as needed
- Mow all lawns – use ride on mower for large lawns; use small mower for upper house lawn
- Blow driveways and roads
- Fix sprinklers, repair irrigation pipes
- Remove leaves
- Lawn trim and weed removal
- Hedge trimming as needed
- Clean out all major drain covers and the area surrounding
- Monitor spa- clean spa
- Broom and mop deck
- Weed spray driveways
- Fertilize lawn, fruit trees, and sprinkler modifications
- Gopher traps
- Clean windows on lower house and garage
- Snail pellets to family fruit trees
- Ant control
- Take out trash
- Landscape hedging and trimming
- Weed control
- Large tree and branch maintenance
*Building Specific: (includes Barn, Lower House, Upper House)
- Clean rain gutters
- Change air conditioning and heating filters
- Clean the furnace filter to remove dust build-up
- Check the water softener and replenish salt if necessary
- Clean faucet aerators and showerheads to remove mineral deposits
- Inspect tub and sink drains for debris; unclog if necessary using liquid cleaning agents
- Test smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, and all ground-fault circuit interrupters.
- Inspect electrical cords for wear.
- Vacuum heat registers and heat vents.
- Check indoor and outdoor air vents are not blocked.
- Flush out hot water from the water heater to remove accumulated sediment.
- Clean the garbage disposal by grinding ice cubes, then flushing with hot water and baking soda.
- Small painting/touch up
- Small wood repair
- Small electrical work
- Small plumbing work (toilets, etc.)
*Vineyard Specific: to be done on a calendared schedule
- Maintain syrah vines trim and clean up
- Maintain chardonnay, merlot and pinot vines and clean up
- Control watering based on a schedule
- Monitor all lines for breaks
- Monitor all drip systems for leaks
- Apply netting to all vines
- Remove netting to all vines
- Manage all fertilizer needs
- Manage all pruning
- Manage pest and bird control
- Coordinate sugar testing
- Coordinate picking/harvesting
*Avocado Grove Specific: to be done on a calendared schedule
- Monitor leaks and shut off the water
- Notify management company and staff of water concerns
- Monitor water use – control water during the rainy season
- Maintain irrigation drainage
- Maintain tree branch length in the roads
- Monitor and document erosion
- Walk the grove regularly
- Remove dead trees (stump)
- Maintain roads in the grove
- Cement holes in the grove
- Improve drainage systems near roads
- Coordinate with our farm management company – watering, picking
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Event/ Airbnb Specific:
- Coordinate package delivery
- Assemble furniture
- Coordinate Pest Control
- Move furniture
- Event set up support
- Event cleaning support
- Reset internet and WIFI (if needed)
- Point of contact if on-site guests have concerns
- Monitor wild animals
- Take dogs to the veterinary clinic (if needed)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in ranch
- The Farm Hand will communicate with the staff and owner via email, text, and cell.
- Communication will be at a minimum on a weekly basis.
- It is important to know all cost-based projects must be communicated before proceeding.
- It is also important to notify the staff and owner of any emergencies (i.e. broken pipes) immediately.
- Coordinating information with all other staff, event planners, Airbnb staff, grove management, vineyard management, etc. is expected.
- Good computer skills (need to be able to use excel, spreadsheets, etc to help organize and track information)
- Good communication and organizational skills
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.