Flying X Ranch
The Flying X Ranch is an unique, privately held Partnership located in the Laramie Range near Wheatland, Wyoming. We are seeking a well-rounded, mature Maintenance and Operations Foreman. This is not a one-year hitch: if you are good, we intend to keep you for years and decades.
Before you contact us, do your research: go to the website at www.myfxr.com and for detailed information about the Partnership, here: http://fxrpartner.com/Ranch%20Overview.html. Also, download and read The Flying X Ranch FAQ at https://www.facebook.com/FlyingXRanch. Find our address and plug it into Google Maps and look around.
Because we are a Partner-owned operation, the population you would interact with includes some 286 or so Partners and their families (and their guests), many of whom live on the Ranch throughout much of the year. Common issues include working with permanent and part-time Ranch staff, road grading, water leaks, leach field maintenance, flood control, haying, fencing, cabin repairs, and as much proactive work you can handle. Your talents include heavy equipment, irrigation, haying, fencing, and basic carpentry. And, you have to be able to make and keep friends, or at least have great people skills to avoid making enemies. Diplomacy is a key skillset.
Qualifications: Experience in carpentry, welding, electrical (residential and commercial), plumbing. Use of Ranch equipment for haying, pasture, and road maintenance (dozer, backhoe, grader, track hoe, wheel loader, dump truck, tractors a plus). Maintenance on heavy diesel and gas vehicles as needed. You would have basic computer skills to maintain records of service and parts purchases. Organizational skills and the ability to work alone and with other employees is a must.
Objective: Keep equipment and buildings in good repair, report equipment replacement needs and anticipate repairs that would require a specialist. Keep good equipment maintenance schedules. Keep the Ranch Manager informed of any necessary needs of the maintenance department on a daily or at least weekly basis.
• Learn emergency procedures and responsibilities.
• Report and help manage Partner concerns and maintenance requests.
• Refer Partner labor requests to Ranch Manager for scheduling.
• Assist Ranch Manager with planning and collaborative implementation of capital improvement projects.
• Ability to become certified in swimming pool operations and dispensing propane.
• Building repair and maintenance.
• Equipment and vehicle service maintenance schedules.
• Collaborate with Ranch Manager and other staff with road maintenance.
• Tools, supplies, and fuel inventories (propane, diesel, gas).
• Collaborate with Ranch Manager and other staff with irrigation, haying, fertilization and weed control, water tanks, springs and windmill maintenance for cattle leases.
• Assisting Equine Department with fencing, gates, and corrals.
• Grounds maintenance as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by Ranch Manager.
This is a lifestyle opportunity. You will live on the Ranch throughout the year along with fulltime equine and management staff. On your days off (two days a week, and we insist on that) you are free to horse ride, fish, hike, ATV, and avoid Partners who want a piece of your free time.
You will be reporting directly to the Ranch Manager. Your salary compensation will be in the $35K range—depending on qualification and people skills—plus housing, utilities, health insurance stipend, cable, Internet, use of Ranch vehicles and ATVs for work, a great community feeling, use of the Ranch, free steak on occasion, and some of the nicest folks you’ll ever want to meet.
Send a resume and cover letter to [FILLED] . We look forward to knowing about you. Families are welcome.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden