San Gabriel Ranch
Description of Operations:
- Ranch Manager – Full Time
- 660 Acre cattle ranch near Lampasas, TX
- Commercial 2-300 head cow/calf operation – mixed breed and registered Angus
- Family-owned operation with some family living on location
- Pastures are fenced (mostly barbed wire -some electric) for cattle rotation
- Fields are grazed with most additional forage bought from third parties
- Maintain accurate herd data, herd health records, immunizations, and treatment protocols
- Rotate cattle between pastures as needed
- Run and maintain light and heavy machinery:
- — John Deere tractors and multiple attachments
- — Skid Steer and multiple attachments
- — Backhoe
- — Dump Trailer plus stock and multiple length trailers
- — Trencher, mowers, brush hogs, weed eaters, blowers, power washers, etc.
- Proficient in light welding and carpentry
- Mechanical ability for equipment maintenance and minor repair
- Forage and field management; planting, fertilization, weed control, and irrigation
- Standard ranch maintenance:
- — Maintain quality fence lines
- — Brush control and removal
- — Yard and grounds maintenance around four houses, two barns, and stables
- Proficiency in basic computer skills; Word, Excel, Adobe, Email
- Artificial Insemination training and experience is a positive, but not required
- Monitor and maintain the security of all lands, houses and assets.
- Commensurate with experience. Living on Ranch is required.
- Housing provided: Three bedroom, 2.5 bath house, with modern appliances in excellent condition
- Electricity, water, trash service, home pest control included
- Ranch vehicles used for ranch business. Candidate uses own vehicle for personal business.
- Start Date: 2019. Flexible to meet the candidate’s current work and/or family situation
- Preference to veterans. Young single or young couple with/without children.
- Horses and pets are permitted
- Honest and hard worker that can participate in accomplishing common goals, pay attention to detail, and improve the Ranch operations is the primary requirement
- Continuously striving to keep equipment, grounds, garden, yards, barns, and stables in good repair and neat is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter that brings independent ideas to the operation to assist the owners in improving the overall Ranch operations.
A complete and thorough background check will be obtained as part of the interview process.
Contact only by email with full resume, photo(s) and reference list to email.