The 63 Ranch is a privately owned, family ranch. The primary purpose of the ranch is for preservation of the asset, conservation of the land, and enjoyment for the family. Although the property includes livestock, it is not a cow-calf operation. The ranch is used during the summer months by the owners as their summer residence, to be shared with their family, friends and guests. Must have references, will do background check and check all references.
This is a salaried full-time position for a couple seeking long-term employment. The couple will manage overall ranch and livestock operations. Compensation package includes salary, housing/utilities and truck for ranch use. Must be organized, self-starter, professional, excellent people skills and jack of all trades. Health insurance available. Both parties must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a 2000-acre ranch.
- Maintain accuracy and efficiency in bookkeeping for ranch related expenditures, operating cost records and identify areas for savings.
- Maintain all buildings/structures, including owners’ home, main lodge and guest cabins.
- Feed and care of cattle and ranch horses, to include winter feeding/watering and summer pasture rotation of livestock as necessary.
- Direct and manage ranch hands, vendors, and contractors.
- Coordinate with USFS for permit/lease.
- Repair and upkeep of mechanical equipment.
- Maintain roads and horse/ATV trail system, integrity of pastures, land and water wells/springs.
- Maintain cleanliness, appearance and organization of barn, pastures, ranch vehicles, and equipment.
- Daily checks/repairs of fencing, gates and cattle guards to ensure proper working order.
- Seasonal winterizing of buildings, snow removal & clearing.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the owners, their families and guests.
- As time permits, especially during the off-season, improve and upgrade ranch owned buildings, facilities, vehicles, corrals, tack, tools and equipment, etc.
PRIMARY MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ranch Management a plus.
- 10 years of strong business management and leadership experience in ranch ownership or ranch management.
- Ability to weld, operate a tractor, and other heavy equipment, including power and hand tools.
- Handyman & mechanical skills for ranch, house, barn, vehicle, and equipment maintenance.
- Manage the equestrian program and string; highly skilled in saddling and riding/training horses.
- Arrange for necessary vet care; shoeing and shoe removal for horses; ability to shoe horses a plus.
- Physically able to work outdoors in all types of weather and on uneven terrain.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
GENERAL COUPLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee and keep property at guest ready level at all times.
- Must have good communication and computer skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule as this is not a typical 8 – 5 position.
- Professionally represent the ranch at all times.
- Excellent people skills.
- Provide immaculate housekeeping for owner’s home, lodge, and guest cabins.
- Coordinate with owners regarding grocery needs; shop for food and supplies.
- Special housekeeping and home organizing projects.
- Run ranch errands into town as needed.
- Meal preparations as needed.
- Laundry to include washing, drying, and folding of towels, linens, and owner’s clothing.
Salary: Highly competitive; commensurate with skills and experience
If you meet the qualifications and are ready to take this next career step, please send a resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden