JMAR & Associates
RANCH MANAGER COUPLE NEEDED
Seeking Ranch Manager Couple for large ranch on the New Mexico/Texas border. The couple will manage overall ranch and water operations. The ranch is a privately owned, multi-generation family ranch and the primary purpose is for the preservation of the asset and enjoyment of the family. Although the property includes livestock, it is not a cow-calf operation. Compensation package includes salary, bonus opportunity, truck for ranch use, housing, and utilities.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a 50,000-acre ranch.
- Direct and manage ranch hands, vendors, and contractors.
- Maintain accuracy and efficiency in quality, inventory, production, and record keeping of water sold for oilfield use.
- Maintain operating cost records and identify areas for savings.
- Maintain buildings and structures, windmills, and water wells.
- Build and maintain roads.
- Repair fences and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain integrity of pastures and land.
- Prep barn and equipment when extreme temperatures occur.
- Maintain cleanliness, appearance and organization of barn, pastures, ranch vehicles, and equipment.
- Daily checks of fencing, gates, and cattle guards to ensure proper working order. Repair as necessary.
- Liaise with Office Manager at corporate office in Dallas regarding water sales and vendor invoices.
- Work with water purchasers to schedule pickups.
- Feed cattle and horses.
- Run ranch errands.
- Prepare meals for ranch hands, as needed.
PRIMARY MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ranch Management a plus.
- 15+ years of strong business management and leadership experience in ranch ownership or ranch management.
- Someone raised on a ranch is a plus. Some knowledge of cattle and farming.
- Ability to weld, operate a tractor, and other heavy equipment including power and hand tools.
- Handyman & mechanical skills for ranch, house, barn, vehicle, and equipment maintenance.
- Skilled in saddling and riding a horse. Ability to shoe horses a plus.
- Physically able to work outdoors in all types of weather and on uneven terrain.
GENERAL COUPLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee/keep property at guest ready level at all times.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule as this is not a typical 8 – 5 position.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background screen and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Professionally represent the ranch at all times.
- Excellent people skills.
If interested, & to apply, please forward resumes to our email address, or visit our website: https://jmarassociates.com/
Email Address Hidden