The Triple "R" Ranch & Winery
The Triple “R” Ranch & Winery is one of Texas’ most hidden treasures. Located just 100 miles north of Dallas, this private 340-acre high fence game ranch is home to an exciting diversity of wildlife from around the world with the main attractions being over 300 exotic deer, 75 cattle, and a winery producing Texas’ finest wines under “The Ranch Wines” label. Activities include sporting clays, rifle & pistol ranges, fishing, sightseeing, horseback and ATV riding.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise all ranch operations including hiring and firing of ranch hands. Selection and supervision of independent service contractors and suppliers.
- All Property Structures including Old Main Cabin and Guest House, Conference Center, Winery, Carriage House, Chapel, Pavilion, Whisky Cabin, Shooting Range Facility, Hay and Equipment Barns, Load Out Facilities, Tool Shed, Deer Stands and Caretaker’s Home
- Maintain and clean all living structures after each use and other structures as required (This includes changing the bedding, cleaning all kitchen and bathroom facilities, flooring, all other general cleaning responsibilities and trash removal. Supervise the pest control spraying by Adams Pest Control while the technician is on the property. This includes the Old Main Cabin, Guest House and Veranda, Whisky Cabin, Conference Center, Chapel, Pavilion, Winery, Shooting Range Building, Carriage House, and Caretaker’s Home.)
- Purchase needed ranch operating supplies for repair and maintenance of buildings and equipment, tractors, ATV’s, and fencing. Purchase fuel, fertilizer, livestock feed, ranch supplies, cleaning and household supplies, and food and beverages for guests, etc.
- Keep all lawns and landscape maintained appropriately and perform necessary replacement of dead landscape materials.
- Fill and maintain all deer and pond feeders (monthly) including batteries for timers/clocks. Put out mineral, deer, and salt blocks as required at all deer feeders. Maintain the deer feed silos.
- Perform light maintenance or hire appropriate contractors when necessary to repair and maintain buildings, HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, fencing and water gaps, grounds, septic, well house, water system, automatic pest control system at the main cabin, gates, decks, bridges, landscape and sprinkler systems, ATV’s and all farm equipment. Keep equipment barn and tools organized and orderly at all times. Change all furnace air filters twice yearly and replace any light bulbs as needed.
- ATV’s should be power washed as needed and stored in the Carriage House. Ensure that the two-strand electric fence surrounding the property is operating at all times.
- Arrange for Coop or Chambless Construction to fertilize all fields in the Spring and, if needed, in the fall. Cut and bail hay two to three times per year as required. (Chambless Construction generally assists with this responsibility for a share of the hay). Store hay in the hay barn and stack excess neatly on property in a fenced in area as needed. Keep gravel trails smooth by filling in or grading any washed-out areas. Keep concrete roads clear of debris by using the Kubota Track Loader Sweeper.
- Arrange annual veterinarian services for vaccinations of the horses, donkey and lamas and schedule veterinarian services for any distressed livestock as needed. Feed livestock daily and maintain a healthy environment keeping the fields clear of debris and trash, particularly removal of any plastic or styrofoam. Feed the horses oats and the cattle ground drop pellets once daily. Put out sweet vie, salt and mineral blocks for the livestock as needed at all feeders and in each of the cattle fields. Purchase and place in the two 3000 lb. deer feeder troughs, worming pellets each Spring putting two 50 lb. bags in each feeding trough (1 per side). Ensure that the farrier is scheduled to attend to the donkeys and horses every six weeks. Arrange to have the lamas sheared twice a year. Round up and transport calves to market once or twice per year as required and transport horses as needed to veterinarian or training facilities as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee guest activities including guest conferences and preparation and serving of meals, ranch and facility tours, hunting, fishing, and skeet shooting as required.
- On-site home provided (5,000 SF residence completely furnished with all utilities paid)
- Christmas bonus each year
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 7 paid holiday's per year
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit website here: https://www.thetriplerranch.com/
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Hay Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs, Winery / Vineyard Ranch Jobs