Looking for a ranch manager (or family) for a beautiful, historic 900+ acre property in Ojai, California.
- Experience with construction equipment (backhoes, tractors, dozers, etc) and solid mechanical knowledge required.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills to bid and manage construction projects is critical.
- Hospitality, communication and people skills required.
- Ability to assist in welcoming and hosting guests of diverse backgrounds is a must
- Significant previous ranch management experience required
- Knowledge of horses, agriculture, water (pumps, quality), and minerals/petroleum a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s licenses, clean driving record, no criminal record or outstanding warrants, be non smokers and drug free. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required. Will provide housing on property, truck for use on ranch business, competitive salary and benefits.
- Oversee bidding and construction of various ranch projects (sheds, barns, homes). Be the feet on the ground for significant projects.
- Manage major ranch equipment purchases and maintenance of owned equipment (tractors, vehicles, etc). Operate and perform basic repairs on farm equipment.
- Repair roads, fences, utilities, water wells, etc.
- General up-keep and cleaning of several homes, grounds, pond, barns, roads, fences, firewood, stock water systems, irrigation.
- Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing and carpentry and operate ranch equipment required.
- Assist in the recruitment of new tenants and ongoing relationship with various tenants (agriculture, livestock, horses, etc).
- Manage ranch access by approved visitors / business partners.
- Must be willing to support owner’s use of property when owner and guests are in residence
- Assist with guests, miscellaneous tasks, groceries when owner and guests are in residence
- Housekeeping and maintenance of owner’s house, guest houses and cottages
- Assist owner and guests with horse riding and instruction as needed
- Ability to take on special projects assigned by owners on an as need basis
- A sense of humor 🙂
This ranch is a magical place that's full of California history. We're looking for someone who appreciates the history and its unique location that is both remote and full of life. We have some unconventional plans for this ranch so an open mind is encouraged.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs