Booth Creek Wagyu
Booth Creek Wagyu Ranch is on a mission to become the leading US supplier of wagyu beef and elite wagyu genetics in the United States and abroad. We’re heavily investing in the ranching operation, processing facilities, and the sales and distribution of both beef and elite genetics in order to accomplish this task. Our focus on being a data driven company, combined with establishing a culture of accountability and valuing our team members, is the key to our success along the way. We invite you to explore this opportunity to help us change how America thinks and buys their beef.
As Ranch Manager, your role is to manage all operations of our 300 cow (and growing rapidly) working cow-calf ranch. Located in the scenic Flint Hills just north of Manhattan KS, the ranch includes 2,500 acres on the home place, with several satellite pastures incorporating a total of over 4,000 acres of native tallgrass, farm, and hay ground. Your responsibility includes all aspects of the ranch management including ensuring cattle health and safety, nutrition, reproduction (including AI and embryos), calf development and weaning, pasture management, equipment management and maintenance, forage procurement and management, farm ground management, and supervise four to six ranch hands to accomplish the workload necessary to successfully accomplish the above.
What You Will Do:
- Identifying the work that needs to be done and assigning it to the staff accordingly.
- Ensuring that herd health protocols are followed and implemented in a quality manner and timely basis.
- Ensure that care and maintenance of facilities and equipment is followed and documented.
- Hiring, training, and leading our staff in a manner that promotes continued growth and accountability.
- Managing our feeding program to ensure herd health and development in the most economical manner.
- Management of our farm ground to maximize economic productivity, whether it’s for cash crops or cattle forage for the ranch.
- Manage the grazing infrastructure (fencing, rotational grazing, water and supplemental feeding) to ensure the long-term improvement and health of our grass.
- Have experience and be willing to directly assist or lead in any of the above duties and responsibilities.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience working on a cow-calf operation in the Midwest.
- At least two years of directly managing other people.
- Experience in farming and haying.
- Understanding of the nutritional requirements for cattle at all stages.
- BS in animal science or closely related degree.
- Desire to live on the ranch (housing is provided) or within ten minutes of the ranch.
- Familiarity of ag technology such as CattleMax, and basic tech such as MS Excel etc.
- Proficiency and understanding of using horses as a tool to manage our cowherd.
- Understanding of how to develop an annual budget and financial forecasts as needed.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.)
- Salary; $70,000-100,000 Full-Time
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- On ranch housing available (if necessary)