Bar K Ranch
Come and manage one of the largest cattle ranches in British Columbia! Bar K Ranch cattle enjoy pastured life on our 8,000 acre ranch in the Lakes District, just 30 minutes northwest of Prince George. Bar K Ranch was the first BC beef operation registered with the Verified Beef Production program and has recently received its AgSafe OHS Certificate of Recognition (COR).
The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager with exceptional administrative, planning, communication, veterinary and cattle handling skills. They will be keen on implementing the latest technology and mechanization in the industry to create a profitable and sustainable business model. The ideal candidate will be confident in managing all sectors of the ranch.
To administrate all aspects of a cow-calf ranch, calving 1,000 cows and farming 8,000 acres for feed in a profitable, safe, humane and environmentally friendly manner, including but not limited to:
• Managing all aspects of the cattle, including: the breeding program for sale and replacement; pregnancy testing; vaccinations scheduling; weaning; sorting/selling; veterinary care; feeding/grazing rotation; and off-site cattle management,
• Efficiently implementing farming, including: spraying; tilling; seeding; and harvesting sileage and other feed crops for the cattle,
• Supervising employees, including fulltime and seasonal staff,
• Directing administrative activities, including: recordkeeping and reporting; and safe work procedures, and
• Researching and implementing: new technologies, genetics improvement and mechanization, all to become an innovative leader in the field of cattle management.
This is a fulltime, salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A competitive industry benefits package is available, which includes housing on-site, a vehicle and a cellphone. Horse boarding may be negotiated as well.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume by November 15, 2017 to [email protected] or fax 250-563-9371. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only successful interviewees will be contacted.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden