Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
Position Description: The ranch/backgrounding manager is responsible for the implementation of the diversified operational plan to include employee development, natural resource stewardship, animal husbandry, data collection and timely communication to leadership.
Essential Duties and Task – Employee Development and Fiscal Responsibility:
- Mentor personnel to responsibly execute assigned operational duties.
- Effectively communicate key job roles, operational objectives, and overall purpose.
- Facilitate employee growth with constructive feedback and timely performance evaluation.
- Participate in annual operational plan/budget development.
- Monitor and pre-emptively forecast performance and financial variance.
- Data collection of all measurable outcomes.
Essential Duties and Task – Livestock and Natural Resources :
- Manage diverse ranch enterprise – 200-300hd mature cow herd and 1500hd backgrounding yard
- Maintain and support Beef Quality Assurance principles and training.
- Stewardship of existing natural resources through execution of operational plan.
- Ensure complete safety and security of ranch personnel and assets.
- Manage 3-4 ranch hands.
- Must be in good physical condition and have sufficient experience, with references.
- Willing to undergo and pass background check.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Schedule may entail working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work outside normal business hours.
- Compensation $55k to 65k – depending on experience.
- Health Benefits & 401k
- Housing, ranch vehicle, and cell phone
- Paid vacation
To apply, forward cover letter & resume to our email address.